The Perfect Christmas Village: An absolutely feel-good festive treat to curl up with this Christmas 2023

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Perfect Christmas Village: An absolutely feel-good festive treat to curl up with this Christmas 2023

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Perfect Christmas Village was exactly the heart warming Christmas filled story I had hoped for. As far as the story goes, it really kept our interest - an elderly person going broke is not all that uncommon I really enjoyed the main characters of Blythe and Sam, there was more than meets the eye to both of them. All the other characters in the village were great too, they were lovable and all adding something different to the community dynamic. And let’s not forget Turpin the mischief maker.

As a matter of fact, she has a "show down" scene with Sweeney that is quite excellent and her second meeting with Macfarlane at a market is moving and sweet. Throughout, her scenes with Maesa Nicholson, playing her granddaughter are very well done and, at times, nicely humorous. Nicholson is an impressive young actress. How I loved this book, and especially the village of Holly Cross. In fact I loved all the characters with the possible exception of the overbearing Leonora who just drove me slightly mad.It’s never too early for a Christmas book! This latest read from one of my favourite authors was a true delight. We meet estate agent, Blythe, who is trying to beat her fellow colleagues to be estate agent of the month! When Sam comes to the agency, Blythe thinks she’s found him the perfect home…but neglects to tell him that the little village of Holly Cross is the most Christmassy place in the country! Not a problem you think, but Sam hates the festive session with a passion! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and really got into the storyline almost immediately! I liked Blythe’s character, and whilst you might think her competitive nature is a little too much, it’s always good to have an aim in life!! Her relationship with Sam was fun, initially being very businesslike (despite there being a spark between them), with them then becoming friends. There are some obvious issues that both of them need to deal with in their lives, with the main one being Sam’s hate for Christmas and the reason why. The storyline flowed well between, not only them, but the other villagers as well. I loved the side storyline of Blythe’s late friend, Murray and really enjoyed the twist to his story at the end. I enjoyed reading the book. I love the sense of community it evokes. To be honest Blythe frustrated me a little with her competitive nature, naivety and determination to prove herself to her Dad but her honesty and kindness won me out in the end. I loved the characters, the descriptions of the village’s decorations, holiday fayre, and small town charm. The humor sprinkled throughout was laugh out loud. A delightful book filled with Christmas cheer, love, friendship and the magic of the season. Blythe is a real estate agent in competition with a coworker to make the most sales for the month of May. She has only 2 days to win and she'll do anything she can to make the sale, even if it means lying through her teeth. In steps Sam, who is anti-Christmas, but gets bamboozled into buying a house in the most popular Christmas village in the country.

This is a grumpy sunshine romance, which is my favourite trope. I thought Beth did a great job at creating this real and raw relationship between Sam and Blythe. There are a lot of miscommunications and hurdles these two have to overcome. They have plenty of sweet moments that are usually connected to Turpin (the feisty feline that came with Sam's new home). They also have meaningful conversations filled with so much understanding and compassion they made my heart melt. Of course, this is only a romcom, so I can’t really expect much on character development and festive accuracy. So let me gauge it as a romcom.But everyone else was wonderful, and getting to know the villagers, and seeing all of their festive activities really made me start of feel a bit Christmassy. The Perfect Christmas Village is a seasonal heartwarmer. Full of interesting characters, stalwarts of the village that am sure anyone living in smaller communities might recognise.

The sale works itself out – with a bit of a mystery attached – but Sam, who hates Christmas with a passion, is horrified to find that he’s moved somewhere that’s in contention for the title of the UK’s Most Perfect Christmas Village, with a community for whom success means so much and whose efforts are managed with military precision by the redoubtable Leonora, with firm plans for his house to be the centrepiece of their display that it’s always been. When he absolutely refuses to engage, Blythe doggedly sets about trying to change his mind – with an adopted semi-feral cat (the wonderful Turpin) who needs feeding, she’s a regular visitor, chipping away at his reluctance to join in, their friendship growing as she begins to find that he’s not quite the miserable so-and-so he at first appears to be. Blythe is an estate agent who lives in Holly Cross, a small little village that wants to be known as the most amazing Christmas village ever. When Blythe sells Sam, who unbeknownst to everyone, is kind of a Grinch, the house at the center of the village’s display, Blythe takes it upon herself to befriend Sam and turn him into a Christmas loving villager filled with holiday spirit like the rest of them. How the village and Sam learn to understand each other as they go through the course of the year and the holidays approach was really heartwarming.I always enjoy a Christmas story by Bella Osborne, so I was happy when I saw her book for 2023. I did have a bit of a difficult time getting into the story, since it began with focusing on a real estate office and the personnel (and personal) issues going on there. Also, the main character was very unlikeable to me at the start. I am very glad to admit that soon went away after a few chapters and the story began to explore other events going on in this very Christmassy village. At the heart of the story is a delightful cast of characters, each with their own quirks and challenges. As they come together to prepare for the annual Christmas festival, their friendships deepen, and romances blossom. Bella Osborne skillfully weaves these relationships, making it easy for readers to become emotionally invested in their journeys. botox physician - to the point that her appearance distracted big time from what was going on. To Hallmark's credit, though, they gave Marlo a lot to do in this movie. Blythe doesn’t like it when a fellow agent records more sales than her. She is determined to be the Real Estate Agent of the Month and, in a desperate attempt, manages to sell a house to Sam Ashton (by hiding certain truths). While Sam loves the house, he doesn’t like Christmas.

The story really made you feel as if you were spending Christmas in a cosy village and it had a lot of funny scenes that had me laughing out loud on thr couch.Blythe is an ambitious estate agent who is trying to beat her colleagues Amir for estate agent of the month. Therefore, she sells a rececent becoming available cottage to Sam Ashton, but the only problem is that he hates everything about Christmas. Blythe has to try to convince Sam to get involved in the community to become Britain's Most Christmassy Village. Will she be able to convince him? Ah, but Sam has a big dislike of Christmas which is not good because this village is really big on Christmas, plus the lights and other celebrations are numerous. But Sam continues to nix any plans of lights or decorations. But Blythe doesn’t let that stop her. The Perfect Christmas Village by Bella Osborne is a delightful holiday romance set in the charming village of Holly Cross. During the spring Blythe finally finds the perfect house for Sam Ashton a customer who has been looking for a house in the village for some time. The house belonged to Murray, an elderly man and good friend of Blythe’s who died suddenly while away on a birdwatching trip and was buried in Manchester under mysterious circumstances. Although she misses her friend and is still feeding the cat who lives in his garden, she is happy to find the perfect buyer for his house. While talking to Sam during the sale, he tells her he hates Christmas and everything to do with it but she decides not to tell him about the village’s love of Christmas and that everyone is expected to get involved. Holly Cross is full of an array of quirky characters that make you feel the spirit of Christmas and understand it’s more about the people this time of year vs the present.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop