Mauritius Dodo Gold Rum, 70 cl

Mauritius Dodo Gold Rum, 70 cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Mauritius is home to several renowned distilleries, each contributing to the island’s rum legacy in their own unique way. Distillerie de Chamarel, located in the lush hills of southwestern Mauritius, is celebrated for its premium rhum agricole. The distillery takes pride in its field-to-bottle approach, overseeing every step of the production process to ensure the highest quality.

I’ve reviewed a few Mauritian rums in the past more I think from Oxenham Distillery than Grays. I’m sure WordPress will work its magic and add a few relevant links to the bottom of this post.I gasped as I stood beside the infinity pool, looking out across the private beach to the sweeping bay beyond. Colourful pirogues – long canoes – bobbed on the turquoise water and candyfloss clouds scudded across an azure blue sky. My first snapshot convinced me that Mark Twain was right when he wrote: “Mauritius was made first and then heaven; heaven being copied after Mauritius.” This botanical rum recently won a silver medal at the London Spirits Competition and is from Cabezon Beverage, a Scottish craft spirit company. The rum has been crafted from locally produced molasses and is non-chill-filtered. It has been aged for a minimum of 13 years in a combination of French oak, ex-Cognac, and ex-Bourbon casks.

Orkney distillery J. Gow Rum recently added a three-year-old cask aged pot still rum to its core range. Originally small batch distilled in England before moving production to Scotland, the rums draw inspiration from the couple’s Ugandan and Jamaican family heritage. Obviously its a column distilled spirit so it won’t have some of the rougher edges of a Pot Still distillate but even still it’s certainly an easy sipper. It’s not a very woody or oaky spirit. Most of the flavour is coming from the fruity notes which build on the mid palate – raisin and dark plums come through. Again it’s fruitier than the nose suggested for me. Sustainability is a growing focus in the Mauritian rum industry, reflecting the island’s commitment to preserving its natural beauty and resources. Many distilleries are adopting eco-friendly practices, from sustainable sugarcane farming to energy-efficient production methods. These initiatives not only contribute to the long-term viability of the rum industry but also reflect Mauritius’ dedication to responsible and sustainable development.One of the distinguishing features of Mauritian rum is the use of the island’s diverse botanicals and spices in the production process. Inspired by the island’s rich culinary heritage, distillers often infuse their rums with local ingredients such as vanilla, spices, and tropical fruits. These flavoured rums are a delightful expression of Mauritius’ terroir, offering a unique and captivating tasting experience. Mauritian rum is crafted using both molasses and fresh sugarcane juice, resulting in a variety of styles and flavours. The island’s distilleries skillfully harness the natural sweetness of the sugarcane, creating rums that are rich, flavourful, and distinctly Mauritian. The Scottish rum recipe is based on the Sea Shanty ‘wellermen’ song which talks about ‘sugar and tea and rum’. Mauritius Dodo Silver RumThis version is just as impressive in its presentation, with the dodo-shaped bottle reflecting the silver hue of the rum. The Silver Rum offers a different but equally enchanting flavour profile, weaving together grassy, herbal notes with the sweetness of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar. It’s a rum that captures the essence of Mauritius, balancing traditional rum-making methods with a modern flair.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop