REDSHIFT ShockStop Suspension Stem for Bicycles, Shock-Absorbing Bike Handlebar Stem for Road, Gravel, Hybrid, and E-Bikes

£94.995
FREE Shipping

REDSHIFT ShockStop Suspension Stem for Bicycles, Shock-Absorbing Bike Handlebar Stem for Road, Gravel, Hybrid, and E-Bikes

RRP: £189.99
Price: £94.995
£94.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

degree in 80, 90, 100, 110, and 120mm lengths (in both standard 1 1/8" steerer and the non-standard oversized 1 1/4" steerer which matches most Canyon and some Giant bikes) In general, you'll find the +30 deg stem provides a more upright, comfort-oriented fit, whereas the +/-6 deg stem puts you in a more performance-oriented riding position (standard for a typical road bike).

Alternate method: Use a fabric or paper measuring tape (or print one at https://printable-ruler.net/ ) and measure the circumference of the steerer tube. You will need to remove the compression cap and loosen the two pinch bolts to get access to your steerer tube so be sure you are comfortable in doing so and then reassembling properly.

The other main option to compare against would be an increased tyre size, which can also increase comfort when set at suitable pressures. Still, while this can be advantageous, it can also have downsides, such as slower rolling resistance in some cases and frame clearance in most gravel bikes. Ride faster & reduce fatigue - energy that is normally wasted suspending your body is converted into forward motion. One of the most impressive parts of the stem is how it doesn’t bob up and down under normal riding conditions or even standing and climbing! Every time I tried to hate the stem it showed me how well it performed. Cover: The saddle clamp bolts and rear part of the parallelogram linkage is protected from most of the rear wheel’s spray by a magnetic cover

The unbuilt garden bridge threw a lot of money the way of the friends and relations of Alexander boris de pfeffel Johnson, so it served *a* purpose... Bike manufacturer says 'contraction of the market' following the pandemic has taken its toll on the sectorI preferred to go softer on the elastomers than suggested (10 on one bike and 20 on the other) but as said there's no sense of compression with normal riding and no diving under braking but going down hill above 30mph and the stem absorbs the impacts with little change on handling feel. The easiest way to determine your steerer tube size is to use a pair of calipers to directly measure the diameter or take your bike to the local bike shop and they will be able to measure it for you. Alternatively, most of the time a manufacturer will list this under their specifications in the Frame/Fork section. Make sure you are looking at the correct model year as these sizes can change year to year.

Elastomers (2 pre-installed, 3 additional) to customise the ride feel for your bike, weight, and riding style to status. UK residents only. Sigma Sports Limited acts as a broker “Licence Number 688619” and not A preload adjusting plug in the base of the seatpost tunes the suspension. Numbers one to five are printed within its thread pitch and relate to rider weight and the spring(s). Turn the preload plug to the required position and fit the post. Redshift suggests that riders up to 80kg should only use the main spring and those from 90kg to 110kg must install the inner spring as well. With the main spring fitted, my unit weighed 538g.

Mythos Elix Stem

I was an early adopter of the stem and am a convert. I have one on my CX training bike and it provides just the right amount of comfort suspension. To me, it feels like the amount of “suspension” a perfectly inflated tire gives you. I’ve ridden mine where ever my bike takes me, from the road to riding my CX bike on mountain bike trails in the area.

The easiest way to determine your steerer tube size is to use a pair of calipers to directly measure the diameter or take your bike to the local bike shop and they will be able to measure it for you. I found it a little on the spongy side, and it bottomed out easily which soon became annoying. A lot of this I put down to the fact that I have quite a large drop from my saddle to the handlebar, which puts extra weight on my wrists.The five supplied elastomers are coloured and marked 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 in relation to their durometer values. Fit: The stem only comes in a 6-degree angle and a few lengths which can be very limiting to some riders.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop