Lily's Promise: How I Survived Auschwitz and Found the Strength to Live

Lily's Promise: How I Survived Auschwitz and Found the Strength to Live

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In 1953 Ebert was reunited with her other brother, who had also survived the Nazi camp and slave-labour system. They allow him the necessary space that he needs for himself because they are not shoving him up against the wall.

At a ceremony in the Austrian parliament, Ebert was given the award for civic engagement against antisemitism and for education about the Holocaust. Ebert's mother Nina, younger brother Bela, and younger sister Berta were immediately sent to the gas chambers, whilst Ebert and her two other sisters, Renee and Piri, were selected for work in the camp. An American soldier handed Lily a bank note, inked with the words ‘a start to a new life - good luck and happiness’.

Still, there is not a single line in the book where it feels like she has expressed any kind of hatred or malice against any country or religion. How social media helped a great-grandmother find the family of the man who liberated her from Auschwitz".

Ebert's great grandson Dov Forman received the Points of Light award from the UK Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street, in November 2021, in recognition of exceptional services to Holocaust education.Four months after arriving in the camp, Ebert and her two sisters were transferred to a munitions factory near Leipzig, where they worked until liberation by Allied forces from the Death March in 1945.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop