High Drama

High Drama

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

On his cover of Bonnie Tyler’s “Holding Out For A Hero,” the take is nearly unrecognizable from the original; it’s more in the proggy direction of Muse’s “Uprising.

And I thought, "Okay obviously there's no arguing with how brilliant the original is but I can't just copy it. To me, the single best performance I saw last year was Joni Mitchell, "Both Sides Now" at the Newport Folk Fest. As unexpected as the album was and as odd as it may have sounded on paper, it is obvious in retrospect what a good fit it was.High Drama works best in those moments where Lambert manages to make a cover feel like it belongs to him as much as to the original artist. So look at where we've come since the late '90's and look at all of the amazing stories that are being told and the different types of people that are being highlighted, both fictional characters and us real life people that are also in the arts, in the music industry. Lambert: And I feel for me, I can look back on the stuff I did on Idol, and even the beginning of my journey with Queen and I watched performances and I'm like, I think a couple different things. Lambert makes the most of his careful selection of songs, helped along the way by an impressive roster of producers that includes Tommy English and Andrew Wells. And having been in the recording industry for 13, 14 years, I now know more than ever exactly who I am and what I'm about and what my brand is, and what my sound is, and who my fans are.

Tracks like "Holding Out For A Hero," the Bonnie Tyler '80s classic, and Sia's hit "Chandelier" ooze Lambert's rocket-high falsettos and thunderous instrumentation. also saw Lambert join Queen for a sold-out European tour including ten shows at London’s The 02 Arena. Adam once again proved that his I was a skeptic, but this album blew me away, some covers took my breath away in the best sense of the word.Billie Eilish’s “Getting Older” opens with a Queen-esque harmonized vocal before shifting to a rock ballad. But when you've lived that life for 58 years and you've gone through all that there's a depth and a wisdom you can only get from experience.

And so I was like, "Okay let's make an album of this variety of different songs but make it very rock star, make it very honoring all of the different kind of branches of rock and indie an alternative that I love that makes me who I am. The diverse collection of songs span from classics like Ann Peebles’ “I Can’t Stand The Rain” and Bonnie Tyler’s “Holding Out For A Hero,” to modern hits such as Billie Eilish’s “Getting Older” which gets a glam-inspired transformation, and a rock-leaning rendition of Lana Del Rey’s “West Coast,” with each song showcasing Lambert’s unmatched vocal talent. The singer turns back the clock for his spin on Dinah Washington’s “Mad About A Boy,” flipping it into a suave theme.It’s exciting, and if our new takes of these wonderful songs can surprise the artists who recorded the originals, then the record’s definitely succeeded. Album closer ‘Mad About the Boy’ is a triumph, it feels like it could be a theme song from the next James Bond film and Lambert’s spectacular storytelling skills are masterful and dynamic in equal measure. His rendition of Billie Eilish’s “Getting Older” delivers a masterclass in adding layers of emotional depth to a song with simple tweaks to its underlying structure. Lambert: Well it's interesting because I felt like there were times where I was battling with myself between following my instincts and having my own integrity and then trying to do something that I thought other people would like and pop music is so much about appealing to the masses. For items that are dispatched using our standard service, we ask that you wait 14 days from the date of dispatch before reporting any items as undelivered.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop