You Love Me: The highly anticipated sequel to You and Hidden Bodies (YOU series Book 3)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

You Love Me: The highly anticipated sequel to You and Hidden Bodies (YOU series Book 3)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Joe is determined not to kill anymore (too complicated!), but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some twisted ideas up his sleeve. With inventive new mind games to play and deranged schemes to enact, Joe still manages to get himself into plenty of trouble, even as he tries to be a “good guy” and act however he thinks “good guys” act (hint: he’s still not a good guy, but he’s certainly entertaining).

Of course, it’s never easy with Joe, who instantly finds a connection with librarian Mary Kay DiMarco – and we all know what that means . . . We can’t wait to see where he ends up next’ Metro Why? Of course Mr. Goldberg keeps his secrets which prevent him to ride into the sunset with his love of his life. But this time her new woman has more obstacles to start a relationship with him. As a result: Joe needs to get action to terminate those obstacles one by one. But he shall not kill or hurt anyone! He has new principles, new rules. Is he closer to get his HEA? Of course not! Everything comes with price in his life. He lights another match to brighten depressed lives of small town’s people and now his fire can burn the whole place to the ground. Ms.Kepnes achieved something impossible. She made us empathize with a very dangerous, disturbed man. Yes, he killed, he stalked, he destroyed, he lied. But we still witness his never ending inner fight, facing his demons and we cannot hate him. Actually we start to like him. It’s dangerous line to root for a very disturbed man who can put you on fire and destroy lives to save himself but at each book we cross our fingers and whispering our prays for him to get rid of those complex situations he created at first hand by obsessing troubled women. And interestingly we want to see him settle, burying his past demons. But he’s trouble magnet: even though he changes himself and bring out his goodness by beating his inner vicious monster, the people around him never let him move on with his life. There will be always loss and casualties...This was the saddest and most heartbreaking book of the series. Joe is always a “fire starter”: he involved in people’s lives, lighting a match, illuminating their hypocrisy because most of them flawed, emotionally disturbed and acting like honorable people but actually they are not so different from Joe. In fact they are worst and sometimes you think you nearly deserved what happened to them! And as soon as he throws away the match, naturally some of them gets burned or deeply hurt. The message may have been just five words long but coming from Reuben it was what Manni describes as “a huge emotional expression”. At the wedding, Nomi dances with Joe and puts her fingers in his hair, but he pulls away. He recognizes that something is off. Afterwards, Joe recognizes that Nomi is clearly struggling with confused feelings about the father figures in her life (i.e. “daddy issues”), and that he needs to stay away from her and avoids being alone with her.

After that, Mary Kay pulls away from Joe. She feels as though she pushed Phil over the edge. She blames herself for not being there, for Nomi finding him dead and for running around with another guy. He was a broken man, shut down; he didn’t want to communicate and couldn’t look me in the eye. We weren’t allowed to touch and we had to wear masks.

They go to Fort Ward together, which is Mary Kay’s favorite place on the island (and also the place that Melanda is buried), and have sex there. However, as they leave Mary Kay gets a call. Phil is dead from an overdose. a b Karp, Marcelle (July 11, 2018). "Entre Nous: Caroline Kepnes". Barb Magazine. Archived from the original on January 23, 2019 . Retrieved January 23, 2019. Crazy, sexy, cool: Caroline Kepnes gets better – and Joe Goldberg gets worse – with every book’ ERIN KELLY

This is a story of care, of connection, of resilience and most of all of love. Brotherly love. It is a deeply personal story and one which I feel touched to have read. As a fan of nature writing and memoirs I really enjoyed Manni's writing - gorgeously descriptive passages detailing the countryside nestled comfortably alongside the seemingly mundane acts of their day - crucially, I never felt as if I was intruding, by looking in. A last mention has to go to Reuben's brilliant illustrations, which fill the book with colour and personality. He gets a job at the local library—he does know a thing or two about books—and that’s where he meets her: Mary Kay DiMarco. Librarian. Joe won’t meddle, he will not obsess. He’ll win her the old-fashioned way . . . by providing a shoulder to cry on, a helping hand. Over time, they’ll both heal their wounds and begin their happily ever after in this sleepy town. Manni dropped everything in Spain, leaving behind his business, partner and life - unsure when he would be returning - and moved Reuben out of the care home and into an old farm cottage in the UK countryside. For months, Manni's main goal is to help Reuben to rediscover the man he knows he can be, and to carefully map out his future. I also found this book to be quite slow. This was not a psychological thriller so much as a domestic drama. And I won't even get into all the implausibilities, because my review would be twenty paragraphs long.

Become a Member

When Joe goes to dispose of her body, he gets caught by Oliver, a private investigator that the Quinn family sent to keep an eye on Joe. Oliver knows Joe received a big payout from the Quinns, and Oliver wants Joe to buy stuff for him in exchange for his silence. Joe agrees. When Mary Kay walks in, Nomi starts claiming that Joe came onto her, angry about him rejecting her. Mary Kay doesn’t believe Nomi, and soon Nomi lashes out at Mary Kay instead. Joe recognizes that Nomi has been hiding her pain from, 18 years of her parents’ toxic relationship that she has stored inside her. When Nomi implies that Mary Kay is a bad mother, Mary Kay angrily tells Noni the truth about Phil’s affair with Melanda. Then, she tries to hug Nomi, but Nomi grabs her and pushes her away. Mark Kay tumbles down the stairs. If you loved the book series or the show, I have fantastic news for you. You Love Me is probably exactly what you are hoping for it to be, and I think you’ll enjoy it. I had plenty of fun reading it. There’s lots of surprises, twists and utterly unhinged Joe-Goldberg-ness in store. I am simply in awe with Caroline Kepnes' ability to make me root for the killer in this series. Yes, Joe is an obsessed stalker who will stop at nothing to have it his way, but everything he does, he does with so much love that we can overlook his homicidal mistakes. 🙈 Because after all Joe is human too, so he makes mistakes like you and me and he has a ton of issues, but in this book he tries so very hard to be good. (he's still disturbed af and it's now clearer than ever before) Compulsively readable . . . There's never been a better time to get acquainted with Kepnes’s dangerously appealing leading man’ Booklist

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop