Juey Knitting Needles-Chunky Knitting Needles That Are Big, Thick, Extra Long (25mm x 60cm) Use these Wooden Large Knitting Needles For Chunky Knitting Projects. Handcrafted UK Made and Gift Boxed

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Juey Knitting Needles-Chunky Knitting Needles That Are Big, Thick, Extra Long (25mm x 60cm) Use these Wooden Large Knitting Needles For Chunky Knitting Projects. Handcrafted UK Made and Gift Boxed

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I took it as a sign from the universe and figured it was high time I made one for our bedroom. That inner DIY voice was like “Get on this already”. This giant yarn blanket added so much texture to my bedroom and seemed to be the thing the room needed. Weird how one item can make or break a space like that. The good news is once you get your hands on the proper knitting materials, you don’t need to worry about trying to decipher complicated patterns or a lengthy set of instructions. In fact, you can create something truly eye-catching in no time. These often come with the drawer pull handles but if they don't, you need a screw that will pass through the entire knob and into the rod, so at least 5mm longer than the knob is tall. To make your needles smooth, and allow the yarn to slide more easily across them, wrap tape around the rest of the poster tube as well.

I did a whole post on their Velky Blanket and Peruvian highland wool. After everything, all the methods, all the wool, this is the one that I was FINALLY happy with. The recommended yarn for arm knitting is Premier Yarns Couture Jazz. I found mine from Yarn Canada. The color I used was beige but it looks like a warm grey to me. I tried to render the photo above as close as I could to the actual color of the yarn. Pro tip: If anyone at the hardware store asks what you’re using the dowel for, say a closet. Trust me on this one. You will get strange looks when you try to explain how you’re going to knit a blanket with them. How To Knit A Chunky Blanket With Needles By my third month, the blanket (with very limited use) had pilled so much, I had to go over it with a razor for an hour to make it look presentable again.Recently, you may have seen an inordinate number of images on the internet of oversized blankets, enormous scarves, and unbelievably large knitting needles and thought to yourself, “Huh?” Start by taping an empty yarn cone to each poster tube – this forms the pointy tips of the knitting needles. If you don’t have one, make a cone from a flat piece of cardboard. The blanket still has some beauty and the pills are only noticeable up close, but they irritate me endlessly! the main thing is that they sit flat and the bottom of them is roughly the same size as the end of the rods.

Well, these extra-large creations can be attributed to the extreme knitting movement -- a movement that has definitely taken the fiber world by storm. In many ways, giant knitting patterns have caused a rejuvenation of sorts. I’m not saying all these arm knitting tutorials are wrong. I am just saying that there are reasons why arm knitting might not work for some. Here we are, almost a year later. I wanted to drop an update about what’s happened with my chunky knit blanket… The final cost was 160 CDN. That included 14 skeins of Couture Jazz Yarn, my ridiculous knitting needles and a bottle of Advil. As I mentioned before, I was going to keep you all updated on the progress of this chunky blanket. And, here it is! Update: 6 Months LaterFancy giving giant knitting a go? We’ll show you how to make your own super size needles on a budget, and how to use them to knit a scarf from our chunky Crazy Sexy Wool.

I went hunting for the best “learn how to arm knit” tutorial online and on Youtube. They are all, for the most part, the same. They all promised a blanket in less than an hour with step by step instructions. Perfect! Drill - with 2 drill bits, one the size of the whole in the drawer pulls, the other larger for countersinking your screw heads. It’s a year and a half later and after testing and trying all kinds of wool, I finally found the right one. It’s XXXL wool, by We Are Knitters. After a bit of research, I decided 55mm knitting needles were what I needed. This is how to make handmade knitting needles:I followed the arm knitting instructions, and I didn’t make a chunky knit blanket. When I was knitting, I liked how it looked but, when I finished, however, I wasn’t happy at all.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop