EVERNEW Titanium Alcohol Stove

EVERNEW Titanium Alcohol Stove

RRP: £41.84
Price: £20.92
£20.92 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

One thing to say is that Evernew's guidance is that the trivet cross-stand can not be used on top of the stand / windscreeen. This is incorrect — it can be done and is my favourite setup for boiling water. I own a Trangia too and after one year in a dry storage environment have noticed corrosion setting in. The Evernew will never corrode. Alcohols are amongst the cleanest burning and most efficient fuels for camping stoves. They are not volatile or explosive and therefore do not pose much of a threat when stored correctly. What Type of Alcohol Should I Choose For my Stove? You can choose to use denatured alcohol liquid fuel or solid tablets as you need, and the stand ensures great heat distribution and fuel use efficiency too.

These alcohol stoves work best with denatured alcohol but you can use cheaper alcohol too, so don’t worry about the extra costs that come with denatured fuel. The burner itself does not have an adjustable flame. There's no simmer ring like on a Trangia (there's also no way to store alcohol in the burner. You're supposed to just let it burn itself out). To simmer, you have to use the burner alone, and rest your pot directly on the burner's top ring. Stoves were tested in tandem to gauge how fast (and long) they were able to boil water. I used 50 milliliters of denatured alcohol in each stove for my test, supplemented by an inverted stove stand (to accommodate the wide base of the Vargo Decagon) and a homemade windscreen. The stove portion itself is possibly a bit over engineered in comparison to the burner. It's a three piece consisting of the pot stand, the burner holder, and a circle with holes in it that's supposed to "magnify the heat" but really just acts as a heat sink. Using it slowed down the boiling by a minute. It works passably as a wind screen for light breezes. Alcohol ignites with one strike of my ferro rod in warm temperatures, and I have used it in conditions ranging from tropical summers through to -6'C mornings. In the cold one must warm both the stove and fuel inside within cupped hands first for five mins, and only remove your top hand immediately before lighting so that vapours aren't lost, but it will thereafter light in 1-2 ferro rod strikes. (Best to put fuel and stove into bed with you so they're warm to start with, but do still perform the cup'n'cuddle manoeuvre so that you build up vapours for easy ignition.)

Alcohol Stove

The design of it is kind of neat. It has two sets of jetting holes, at the top ring and then the "shoulder", or the "outer shelf", however you feel like describing it. Once you light the inner alcohol, the gas escaping out of the upper holes ignites, and then lights the gas escaping from the jets on the outer shelf. Waterproof Camping Gear & Kit Repairs At Wood To Water, we consider keeping your kit dry and usable one of the most important things when out on the trail. We have a wide range of dry bags, waterproof map cases and waterproof material and waterproofing treatments like Nikwax, to keep your gear free from water and dirt. Read More The Esbit 5-Piece Lightweight Cook Set, unlike other alcohol stoves, comes with everything you need to cook in the wilderness. With this set, you get an alcohol burner, a solid tablet burner, a stand, and two pots. Liquid Fuel Stoves Explore our selection of liquid fuel stoves, perfect for outdoor trips. From burners to alcohol stoves, Trangia stoves multi-fuel cookers you’ll find everything you need to make your camping experience one to remember! Read More

How much fuel you can fit in this open flame alcohol stove is quite amazing, up to 100 ml, so it can keep burning for a long time, which gives the opportunity to cook for longer. Personally I am too old to carry a second pot so I have learnt to live with the limitations of the single pot Trail Designs options. My unbreakable lonely Trangia has been alcohol free since the turn of the century. The DX set is fun to play with, but I choose not to hike with it. The burner alone with some foil is compelling for very short hikes, but unfortunately a couple of grams of tablet stove, some foil, and some solid fuel tablets wins in this situation. The DX Stand adds greater versatility to the alcohol stove. Acting as a pot stand and partial wind shield, the DX also adds the ability to burn solid fuels in the stove, namely twigs and small biomass or alternatively Esbit solid fuel tablets. The power plate (perforated insert) is needed to burn solid fuels, but also helps improve burning efficiency in cold weather. But, don’t add too much fuel to these burners as while they do come with a cap, it doesn’t seal well enough to store it without leaking. The cap is handy for putting out burning fuel though and enclosing the smell.This titanium stove has plenty of jetting holes to create the most effective flame for cooking. It’s perfect to pair to most stand since it’s properly sized. It produces a stable jet flame and can boil 2 cups of water in 6 minutes (mid-high elevation). There’s a huge center opening on this stove if you notice, that’s because this stove also accommodates solid fuels to work. Get this stove for more effective cooking! What We Love Cook Sets Shop Wood To Water’s range of camp cookware! Our camping cook sets are made with high-quality materials, including stainless steel, for a durable and lightweight solution. Read More

Cooking There’s something for everyone with Wood To Water’s quality camping cooking gear! Our selection of lightweight kitchen utensils are ideal for expert hiking or campfire relaxing. Read MoreIn alcohol mode it is noticeably less efficient than the TD (which also has more room for wood in the wood mode). Evernew breathes and burns well (TD will run 50% longer...heating slower but to a significantly higher temperature). A titanium TD is a lighter stove (even including the two tent spare tent pegs) and with less fuel to carry means TD wins for long hikes. It may seem petty but while the DX kit only weighs 86g, most people will use 50-60g per day of alcohol...efficiency becomes a relatively important issue. The Vargo Decagon Alcohol Stove is another incredibly basic ultralight option that will suit anyone wanting to travel as light as possible such as thru-hikers. Add on review.....brought the trivet on special and paired with with a titanium wrap....probably better than using the expensive DX setup. 10ml of alcohol took 400ml of water with the DX setup to 66deg C in just under 4 minutes with the wrap it was 83deg at 5 and half minutes. This was in a well sheltered spot ..... the DX gets a lot of fresh air burns fast but wastes heat/alcohol. You can use it with different pots (with a lot of care and balancing) unlike the above, but it is a bit useless in a breeze. Imagine adding a breeze to the image of flames coming out of the stove from any web store and you will understand. Another foil screen helps a bit but you can't just leave it outside your tent in the rain like the other two setups. The complete unit is easily bent out of shape so it needs storing properly when transporting - inside a cooking pot is ideal.

The trail designs is probably still more efficient but a loose titanium wrap and the trivet was only 25g. This setup is a tad lighter than a TD but with a robust stove you could accidently stand on that is not limited to one pot size. What are the disadvantages of alcohol stoves? The disadvantages of alcohol stoves are they can be messy, less safe, and only good at boiling water, not cooking. First and foremost, you need to discern the exact role you require your alcohol stove to play. This is largely based on the type of trip you are planning. For Hiking and Fast-Paced Trips There is also a simmer lid included with a long handle so you can adjust the open flame and heat when you go from boiling water to frying meat for example.

Where to Buy

Fire Making Equipment Making a Fire can be one of the most important parts of Bushcraft or Camping, Not only does it generate heat and enabling cooking of a great meal it is also one of the most social parts of the trip sitting around with your friends. Read More

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop