Memoirs and Misinformation: A Novel

Memoirs and Misinformation: A Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The text as a whole often dives in post-apocalyptic themes with the end half lingering on the topic. Unfortunately, at this point, “Memoirs and Misinformation” is just too odd. The pace is upbeat but the storyline is so far off-kilter and unbelievable; that it loses its entertainment merit and readers may be reduced to skimming large passages. Simply: Carrey and Vichon are not skilled at dystopian novels.

Jeff Daniels narrating was the only reason I pushed through and finished it. But even Hungry Hungry Hippos the movie couldn't save this one for me, unfortunately. Even though, usually, a stream of consciousness novel is deliciously gripping; “Memoirs and Misinformation” fails in that there is no character growth or arc and Carrey is not likable. He is a self-pitying fool and obsessed with sex. On the other hand, Carrey successfully shows his broken interior and doesn’t attempt to gloss it up to be popular which is admirable especially for an individual so obsessed with being liked and accepted.Having had little success in television movies and James Eugene "Jim" Carrey (born January 17, 1962) is a Canadian American actor and comedian. He has received two Golden Globe Awards and has also been nominated on four occasions. Carrey began comedy in 1979, performing at Yuk Yuk's in Toronto, Ontario. After gaining prominence in 1981, he began working at The Comedy Store in Los Angeles where he was soon noticed by comedian Rodney Dangerfield, who immediately signed him to open his tour performances. Carrey, long interested in film and television, developed a close friendship with comedian Damon Wayans, which landed him a role in the sketch comedy hit In Living Color, in which he portrayed various characters during the show's 1990 season. But perhaps what’s most interesting was what happened next. Carrey began to question the trappings, and even the point, of movie stardom, and, as documented in the riveting documentary Jim & Andy, went through a total career (and mental) breakdown while filming Milos Forman’s Man on the Moon. Since then, Carrey hasn’t had the box-office might he once had — though his biggest hit ever came just a few years later — but he has become a far more fascinating personality, both onscreen and off. He has even inspired a sort of motivational philosophy of the self: Type “Jim Carrey philosophy” into YouTube, and you’ll find hundreds of fanmade videos featuring Carrey discussing success, and the conscious mind, and what it means to be alive. Oh, and he can paint too. It’s a long way from talking through your butt cheeks to Tone Loc. He’s in mourning for the world, and for his lost “self.” Terrified of life, terrified of death. The thought of John Lennon’s final portrait taken in the morgue, sends him into a self-grooming frenzy, just in case he dies and fanboys at the morgue sell his photo to the highest bidder. That reality, as you might expect from Carrey’s career of infiltrating fiends, clowns and sad men trying to stave off loneliness, naturally tilts toward the surreal — a tone consistent with the experience of speaking with Carrey himself. For instance, when the conversation turns to Las Vegas, a place the book’s “Jim Carrey” fears he’ll wind up “when he’s old, jowly with bleached teeth and hair plugs, whoring for the bingo crowds,” Carrey describes his own visits to Sin City in feverish prose that surpasses the book.

I didn't expect to spend time today crying while reading a passage in Jim Carrey's new novel MEMOIRS AND MISINFORMATION in which Carrey, a character in his own book, is reunited with his mentor Rodney Dangerfield when the late comedian's "essence" is resurrected as a CGI rhinoceros in a big-budget Hollywood adaptation of HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS. It's weird, it's dark, it's satire, it's biography ... there's aliens and celebrity bashing and even some hippos. And I still have no idea what I just read. Three woman who join together to rent a large space along the beach in Los Angeles for their stores—a gift shop, a bakery, and a bookstore—become fast friends as they each experience the highs, and lows, of love. This notorious disaster (from his Batman Forever director Joel Schumacher) about a man obsessed with a book full of conspiracies about the number 23 is lurid, overcooked, and completely ridiculous, and not even in a fun way. Carrey has proven himself more than capable of taking on dramatic roles, but he’s all wrong for this; he just seems awkward and lost. The Number 23 also made you, well, worry about Carrey; sure, he was playing an unbalanced character, but signing on to do so made you wonder about his decision-making process at this particular point of his life. No more movies where there are scribbles all over your face on the poster, Jim. Dark Crimes (2017)The famous characters portrayed here seem to be mostly wild, outlandish versions of themselves. True, you could say it’s art imitating life, but this is art on methamphetamines. At the beginning of the novel, I was thinking this might be Hunter S. Thompson-esque, but I was mistaken. Kelsey Grammer is written as Frasier. To me, that just doesn’t work.

An engaging, fun tale that plays with the public perceptions of celebrities, questions our compulsive need to view, and contains a gloriously off-the-wall conclusion.” Memoirs and Misinformation is a 2020 surrealist memoir/novel by Canadian-American actor Jim Carrey and novelist Dana Vachon, starring a fictionalized version of Carrey. The book has received critical acclaim. This book has no point... and more importantly it has no purpose other than to indirectly illuminate why actors don't typically write the stories they star in. I can't help but feel like this is a Kaufman-esque joke about the results of binge watching a bunch of crappy late night History Channel shows about ancient civilizations and aliens.

In his new book, Colton Underwood — who was recently diagnosed with coronavirus — talks about being manipulated by producers on “The Bachelor.” St. Clair, Josh (July 8, 2020). "Jim Carrey Would Like to Be Erased Forever". Men's Health . Retrieved September 12, 2020. This is one of the weirdest books I have ever read. There was so much about it that was beautiful and tragic, and then the beauty was broken up by "what in the world am I reading?"

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop