How to Swear Around the World

How to Swear Around the World

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies on GiftRepublic.

Take a look through the original products and there is a good chance that you will find the perfect gift here. Phonetic pronunciation is provided so that readers can curse like a native, and handy illustrations provide visual guides to these foreign exclamations. You may utter the name of the male or female organ when irritated in China or Russia; in Italy, if someone cuts you off in traffic, you may shout “ che cazzo”, which could be translated as “What the cock!pages packed with curses, phrases and elaborate insults, in dozens of languages; it even includes phonetic pronunciation and pictures. It makes the perfect gift for anyone looking to expand their global knowledge of offensive words and impress their friends. Likewise, mental deficiency is widely looked down on, but while insults the equivalent of ‘idiot’ are common enough, it’s only in a culture such as Japanese that it makes one of the most popular ‘bad words’ ( baka). For more infomation please review our use of cookies in our Cookie Policy and then Accept and Close this bar. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Animals can be dirty too, and are used in many insults, but animals are not normally near the morality-based social control structures, so they’re not usually what we think of as swear words – except when they come from veiled references, as with Mandarin guītóu (turtle’s head, standing in for penis).As strong as vittu is in Finnish, however, French con and its derivatives connard and connasse are no stronger than English’s 'jerk'. In Luganda (an African language), you can make a word insulting just by changing its noun class prefix – from a class for persons to a class for certain kinds of objects, for instance.

From 2006-2011, he was an editor at Chronicle Books in San Francisco, working on a variety of books and gift titles. But the other rudest words are saatana (Satan), perkele (devil – converted from the name of a pre-Christian thunder god), and helvetti (Hell).i have realized you have to be at a certain angsty mood to be able to read this and actually learn something from it.

They don’t really figure in Chinese, but throughout the Slavic world the word for ‘whore’ is a key strong word; Polish kurwa is the all-purpose equivalent of the F-word . First Name * Please enter a First Name Please enter a valid First Name, the maximum length is 50 characters. In Bikol (a language of the Philippines), there’s a special anger vocabulary – many words have alternative words that refer to just the same thing but also mean you’re angry. Thankfully, here’s the only piece of kit you’ll need to really develop your arsenal of fruity phrases, the guide on How To Swear Around The World. The reason I can say this is because I am writing in English, not Finnish, Dutch, or Québécois French.Featuring dozens of different languages, the sayings range from everyday swears to family curses to x-rated encounters with animals. How some people in some countries insult each other is eye opening, and to be just gives hints of how they came up as a country. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. The mistakes in my native language made me doubt of the other translations of languages I'm not familiar with.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop