Harry Potter Knitting Magic: New Patterns from Hogwarts & Beyond

Harry Potter Knitting Magic: New Patterns from Hogwarts & Beyond

RRP: £22.95
Price: £11.475
£11.475 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As the first official pattern collection of its kind, we can’t say we blame fans for being excited.” - First for Women

Magisch breien voor Dreuzels: het officiële Harry Potter-breipatronenboek; Luitingh Sijthoff (17. September 2020) There are beginners patterns in the book, but not many. It's really more of an intermediate and up sort of pattern book. While there's a range of types of patterns (toys and household through shawls, sweaters, and winter accessories), and a range of sizes (the Weasely sweaters run from XS to 6XL, for example), there really aren't any kid-specific knits, if you have younger HP fans in mind. Years ago there was an unofficial Harry Potter inspired knitting pattern book, which was great fun (in fact, I’m knitting a wizard robe for my daughter right now that’s a pattern from that book), but Harry Potter Knitting Magic by Tanis Gray is even better because it’s officially licensed so it includes pattern replicas of pieces used in the films as well as inspired by characters and objects in the movies.

House Cardigan - Will try to use pattern to create a pull over instead, but might one day make cardigan The book is also scattered with pictures from the movies, concept drawings and behind-the-scenes facts that make it even more fun. I like all the charts for the Wizarding World Sweater and Wizarding Transportation Scarf too, whether or not I make them in the patterns as they are.

I haven't made any of the patterns yet, so can't speak to accuracy and coherency. Things seem complete at a cursory look, though, and patterns have both charted and written directions. Discover even more knitting magic with a brand-new collection of patterns inspired by the characters, creatures and artefacts of the wizarding world. Harry Potter Knitting Magic: More Patterns from Hogwarts and Beyond includes patterns for toys, apparel, and costume replicas pulled straight from the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films, all pictured in gorgeous colour photography. Toy softie of the famous boy wizard complete with wand, wizard robes, and house scarf. Harry is knitted flat and then seamed. Finished Size: Approximately 21 cm (8.5 inches) tall using DK/Light Worsted Weight yarn and 3 mm needles. Changing the size of the needles/yarn will change the size of Harry. Designed by Daisy and Storm. Crafty Creatures (stuffed animals from the movies - I particularly like Hedwig, though Fluffy is pretty cute too - surprised there's no Dobby, though);A repeating pattern of lace Deathly Hallows symbols forms the heart of this beautiful rectangular shawl inspired by Harry Potter books and movies. Designed by Susanna IC. One of the patterns in Knitting Magic: The Official Harry Potter Knitting Pattern Book. This book is so well done, and the wide variety of knitting projects means there’s something in here for every Harry Potter fan." - GeekMom These are divided into Crafty Creatures, Wizarding Wardrobe, Inspired Apparel and Delightful Decor. Each pattern is rated for skill levels using lightning bolts. The more lightning bolts, the harder the pattern is. For the sake of this review, I was looking for a simple pattern that wouldn’t take long to complete so that I could include some photos and get a feel for what this book has to offer. Unfortunately for me, and the less advanced knitters out there, most of the patterns in this book required a pretty substantial skillset. Don’t get me wrong – there are some pretty great patterns that are rated as being easy to make, but I would have liked to have seen more. Out of 27 patterns, only eight are rated “beginner” or “easy.” So if you are a less experienced knitter, take this as an opportunity to learn some new techniques and just have a smartphone or computer handy to look up tutorials.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop