Coraline [Blu-ray]

Coraline [Blu-ray]

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

While there are some differences from the original story, Coraline is about as perfect as an adaptation can get. For more about Coraline and the Coraline Blu-ray release, see Coraline Blu-ray Review published by Kenneth Brown on July 15, 2009 where this Blu-ray release scored 5. Feature-Length Storyboards (1 hour, 34 minutes, 2 seconds – HD) were originally included on the 2009 Blu-ray as a PIP (picture-in-picture) feature and now are full screen via this which gives you the entire film storyboarded out.

Coraline 4K Blu-ray Review | AVForums

With an animation style that's both adventurous and strange, Selick's newest work of art is very much a modern-day fairy tale and one which will only grow in appreciation with time. A couple of choice scenes using diffusers can't even take away from the superb quality of this picture. This is necessary for when other father is being controlled, he is still full of the sympathy needed to express the concern for Coraline, the outer body may be a bloated vision of horror, but that voice still wins our hearts.Then, before anyone can possibly prepare themselves for the coming storm, he suddenly and swiftly transforms his colorful production into a full-blown horror film (at least as far as your kiddies will be concerned); a subversive, grade-school fright-fest that scoffs at the family-friendly fare modern children have been spoon fed most of their young lives. Despite parallels to Alice in Wonderland, Pan's Labyrinth, the Brothers Grimm canon, and a variety of other fantasy masterworks, Coraline forges a path all its own, reveling in the disturbing nature of its dual worlds, the outlandish behavior of its peculiar characters, and the dastardly dealings of its manipulative beasties. Starting off with plenty of whimsy and choral singing yet retaining an element of menace and gradually becoming more and more sinister as the movie progresses to its ultimate showdown. The film was originally composed and shot in native 3D, the 4K image, colouring and black level give rise to an amazing amount of 3D pop, perhaps more so that any other disc I have seen.

Coraline (4K UHD Review) - The Digital Bits Coraline (4K UHD Review) - The Digital Bits

Absent a 3D rerelease, the only way this film could possibly look better is on 4K with HDR and I hope Shout! The boy’s name is short for “Wyborne” which is a pretty cruel name as even our protagonist quickly jokes. Colors possess an extraordinary pop and energy in spite of the darkened lenses of the shutter glasses. Feeling bored and neglected, Coraline (Dakota Fanning) decides to explore her new apartment while her parents (Teri Hatcher and John Hodgman) continue in their time-consuming work.Bass is a little restrained, in that it is not heavy or bombastic, but it is no slouch either, underpinning everything well, rather than being overpowering. All great things come in pairs, as they would say, and the DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on this Blu-ray delivers on that promise. The new 4K remaster was done with supervision by LAIKA Studios, as I’ve mentioned before, and that really adds a lot. Later that night, a mouse leads her back to it, whereupon she discovers a strange tunnel leading to an exact replica of her house, complete with ‘other mother’ and ‘other father’, where everything is what she wants: good food, attention, fun and colour, the only peculiarity is everyone has buttons for eyes. Deleted Scenes (HD, 9 minutes): After bracing myself to endure unfinished animation and early animatics, I was more than pleased to root through this collection of completed sequences.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop