I Am Watching You

I Am Watching You

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I read this for "Free Space/Creepy Raven". "I am Watching You" by Teresa Driscoll which is a thriller/mystery. This book follows the case of a young girl who goes missing in London after a night out with a friend. It follows various POV's from a witness that saw her on the train the day she went missing to her friends, family and a detective investigating the case all leading to uncovering the mystery of her fate. At which point my emotions begin to change and I am wondering instead how I came to be this out of touch, this buttoned up. This woman who evidently has not the first clue about young people. Or anything much. The ending. As usual, it is always nice to feel that I am wrong about the villain. This book gives me that. However, it feels like the author rushed to reveal the villain and did not give enough time to give more plot about it or explore his character. Final Thoughts Ella was on a train when she noticed two men approaching two young girls. Later she knew, the men were straight out of prison. She was conflicted and was on the verge to intervene. Yet, she eventually decided to say nothing.

On the one hand, it's good to see an accurate portrayal of female sexuality, and everything Nora says about how we've modified female sexuality to be in line with men's wants and needs, is true. However, this movie is a good example, of women's preconceptions of what men's sexuality is supposed to be. Women tend to believe all men would be happy with a purely sexual relationship, and feelings wouldn't be involved. That's not true for men or women, who have a normal love map. If you spend lots of intimate time with another person, of either gender, you're likely to have some feelings, even if it's not love. No one should use anyone just for sex, it's wrong on a million levels, mostly to yourself. Who is the guy they are getting to do the voice over on these trailers? Without his mismatched voice, this movie would have a decent trailer. But, unfortunately, he ruins it! He should be announcing cooking shows, NOT thrillers! This book was not for me. I tried and tried to get into it, but I struggled a lot. I finished it and I feel like I didn’t really even read anything. I was pretty disappointed with all of the things that went on through this story. Anna’s sister had been sending the postcards at first, angry at Ella for not stepping in. Tim found out and started sending more, as well as watching Ella’s house. Anna had met Ella’s son Luke at some kind of camp, and Tim was afraid that Anna was interested in him. He applied for a job at Ella’s flower shop to kill Luke. Ella and her PI got there in time to save Luke. Anna was dead. The Review:The next day one of the girls, Anna, is reported missing, and Ella is beside herself, wondering if she could have helped the girl instead of turning away. Anna's friend Sarah is saying much about what had happened to them the previous evening and the police soon run out of leads. But what is Sarah hiding? Who else in the girls' families are keeping secrets? And who is sending Ella anonymous postcards? I was really intrigued after reading the description for "I Am Watching You". If I was on a train or other public transportation and I saw young women getting ready to head off with men just released from prison...would I intervene? First of all, I would probably have earphones in and wouldn't hear their conversation. But if I did hear it? I'm honestly not sure what I would do. Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide.

I Am Watching Youis about the circumstances relating to a missing 16-year old girl, Anna, who travels to London by train with her best friend, Sarah. The mystery starts on the train, where Ella, “the witness,” sees two teenage girls flirting with two men; when Ella realizes the men are fresh out of prison, her own sensibilities and judgements are put on high alert. Ella regrets not trying to “help” the two minors the very next day when she wakes up to the news of Anna missing. When Anna’s anniversary appeal is televised one year later, it becomes clear that her friends and family all have secrets and guilt to hide.A riveting thriller that sees Ella on a train bound for London, seated near he two teenage girls. Two young men enter the carriage and it soon becomes apparent that they are fresh out of jail. This doesn't deter the girls however, and they soon strike up a friendship. Ella becomes increasingly worried about them, but then stops herself from intervening at the last minute. I would definitely recommend this movie to fans of TV thrillers, and to women in general. It is a made-for-tv film, so it has limitations, but it is a fun ride. When Ella Longfield overhears two attractive young men flirting with teenage girls on a train, she thinks nothing of it—until she realizes they are fresh out of prison and her maternal instinct is put on high alert. But just as she’s decided to call for help, something stops her. The next day, she wakes up to the news that one of the girls—beautiful, green-eyed Anna Ballard—has disappeared.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop