Eye Can Write: A memoir of a child's silent soul emerging

Eye Can Write: A memoir of a child's silent soul emerging

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Movement: This includes blinking, winking, or any other eye movements. Rapid blinking might indicate stress, while slow blinking could indicate thoughtfulness or calm.

At a recent UK writing conference (2022), this must have been the most stunning of all the talks and presentations we listened to during the weekend. The queue that formed after Jonathan's presentation, at the book sales table, was the longest in the whole conference! Written partly by Jonathan’s mother and partly by Jonathan, a 12 year old boy with severe cerebral palsy, this book is a powerful account of the liberation of finding a way to communicate. Here, the eyes act almost like a compass, guided by emotion or instinct to find a person in a crowd. 11. Veils and Shields: The Role of Eyelids and LashesEnveloped in the love of my family, home is my sanctuary and my joy, my two younger sisters are my world and I delight in them. The book is rich with Jonathan’s friendships, his family, his delight in life and his Christian faith. It is eye-opening and joyful. Jonathan is wiser than his years; his voice is courageous, determined and deeply kind. In part, the book is a testament also to his mother’s patience and steady convictions in her son’s abilities.

Reactions to me in the street are a microcosm of the reactions to disability in society. My hope is that, having read my book, people who meet a non-verbal person like me will not assume that their intellect is at the stage of a pre-verbal baby. What can the church do better to support those with disabilities? For instance, “Their eyes met, and in that brief moment, a flurry of unspoken apologies and forgiveness exchanged.” I am very honoured and surprised that my charity work with ‘Teach Us Too’ has been recognised by the Prime Minister for a Points of Light award, and I will continue to be a voice for the voiceless until all children are taught to read and write regardless of their educational label.” The story was broadly linear - articulating Johnathan's experience of the life events outlined by his mother in the Intro. The final chapter focuses on his charity work and impact in the education sector, which is so inspiring. Hearing how he felt when he met Michael Morpugo (who wrote the Foreword for the book) brought me to tears.

Therefore, use colors not just as factual descriptions but as emotional or character-driven statements. The world now has access to the inside of Jonathan’s twelve-year-old brain, and we are better for it. Highly intelligent and with a poet’s soul, his perspective on life and faith as told in his new memoir, Eye Can Write, is unique and beautiful. My response – watch and learn, readers, I think it’s a good one – was to bypass the exasperated look on hubby’s face as I emerged from my innocent dreamworld of “Tantrum? What tantrum? It sounded awfully quiet to me…yes you know I would have come to help if I’d heard anything…”, and instead wax lyrical about the book – and, particularly, its impact on my faith.

When I have been very ill, members of this family have prayed for me; people I have never met and who have just heard my name. But also through church on Sundays I have been included in a family that has meant I have gained lots of relations through our common heavenly father.”

Customer reviews

In Eye can Write, we read of his intense passion for life, his mischievous sense of fun, his hopes, his fears and what it's like to be him. This is a powerful book from an incredible young writer whose writing ability defies age or physical disability - a truly inspirational figure. I have found the story behind Jonathan’s writing truly inspirational and am genuinely honoured to be part of this blog tour. via Facebook i read an article about you just now and consequently was very interested to visit your blog. I have just read some of your writings and am really touched and amazed by you as a person and the beauty in your language and depth in your faith. You are such a beautiful testimony for some very essential truths in the christian faith, that i am quite awed and thankful to have been led to your blog! I find it humbling to read such trusting and immensely positive writings about your relationship with Christ and your life and parallel obviously having tremendous challenges each day and certainly knowing (more than most people) what real suffering is all about. THANKYOU for sharing your life and especially your faith with the world. God certainly has amazing ways and i find it immensely touching and encouraging to see through your testimony, how Jesus can indeed be all we need if we cling to Him. Beautiful! Jesus light is certainly radiating through you! May God bless you and your family richly! It is an absolute privilege to introduce twelve-year-old Jonathan Bryan to you, though the chances are you’ll already have heard of him as ‘the boy who writes with his eyes’. His story has been featured on national TV and newspapers and his new memoir, Eye Can Write, has a foreword with none other than Michael Morpurgo. My exclusive interview with him is below, but first… Introducing Jonathan Bryan

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop