Haunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet)

Haunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet)

RRP: £14.71
Price: £7.355
£7.355 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

the MOMENT I heard my man Teddy's voice being the narrator, it didn't matter if I've read the series or not. Maybe I went into this a little "ignorant" as you said, but I'd say I go into most books that way as I don't like too many spoilers. Like maybe he becomes really great and they have a "sweet" connection at some point, but I don't care.

I-cant-bear-to-see-innocent-kids-raped-at-the-hands-of-powerful-men-and-I-have-to-save-them-with-my-chiseled-jaw-and-ugly-scar, RAPES THE MAIN CHARACTER WITH A GUN. There are also particular kinks such as gun play, somnophilia, bondage, breath play, and degradation. It should be dark, creepy and make you feel sick to your stomach, and in my opinion, not enough light is brought onto this topic.

this was honestly such a fun, jaw dropping, shirt ripping, bedsheet gripping, panties dropping, and knee trembling book. However, when I picked up the book this year, the TW did state the noncon was between the two main characters. When reading a review, we should also understand that one personal opinion doesn't necessarily reflect on the author, more so the reader and their specific tastes. Still a dumb reason that i don't agree with but then she forgives him anyway) like i don't think rape counts as dark romance, its not romantic. I know this is fiction, but (1) stuff like this happens in real life, and (2) it is so harmful and has the ability to shape people's ways of thinking.

Just in case someone else went into this not knowing exactly what "non con" is referring to in the case of this story, and perhaps thats something that also bothers them and they'd prefer not to read about. The others were like dubious consent where there's just a lot of sexual harassment and yeah I hated that too. And by doing so it actually hinders us from seeing real pedofiles, the people living next door that we like and so on, the teacher, the friendly guy in church, the one who doesn’t look like a predator.Pedophelia is one of the worst crimes out there but… The books idea about how pedofile rings work are just weird and wrong in so many ways.

I do seriously recommend the second book if you like the dark themes, but not necessarily the relationship between the two characters. Adeline is being stalked - the dude is literally obsessed with her, bugging her house and killing dudes who touch her and leaving their hands in a box for her to find on her doorstep. Not only is this book horribly, unnecessarily long, but it's also boring because, who wants to watch a man rape a woman in her house 3 different ways for 800 pages straight?Because he shows no kindness, no tenderness and no charmingness, in any way shape or form, I suppose the reader has to rely on a fact that establishes his supposed morality to find him the least bit likable. if you like super dark and kinky stuff thatll make you question your mental well being, this is for you!

I read spoiler reviews of who the killer was and I'm really not that surprised but I also just did not care. Anyways (fml😑) this book wasn’t banned for nothing (please check all trigger warnings, although they don't justify shit in this case).the book can be split up into three parts: 1, crazy stalker; 2, learning more about crazy stalker, 3, falling in love with crazy stalker. Meanwhile, here he is, going into this girl's house, forcing himself onto her, justifying it because of the girl being turned on, and then leaving her there lying on the floor curled into herself and crying. Once I think 3 or 4 years ago I read a book on Wattpad I think the name was "the psychopath" the dude literally stalked her, raped her got her pregnant and killed her child when he kidnapped her and tortured for months and she still fell in love with him honestly don't know why it's portrayed this way but I think that authors define dark romance as when the guy does horrific unforgivable things to her sexually and mentally but she still ends up having romantic feelings for him.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop