My Hygge Home: How to Make Home Your Happy Place

My Hygge Home: How to Make Home Your Happy Place

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A comfy and inviting bed is also key to feeling cosy, so make sure your mattress is super soft and fluffy. I will substitute the candlelight with fairy lights, however. The LED variety of which the bulbs don't heat up to scalding and that use up far less juice than their traditional counterparts. The word ‘hygge’ (pronounced hue-guh) is derived from a 16th-century Norwegian word, hugga, which meant to comfort someone . This word eventually led to the modern English word, hug, which can give you a pretty good idea of the feeling that you are chasing if you are aiming to live a hygge lifestyle. Avoid too much plastics or acrylics. Think about an LP cover opposed to a plastic cover for a CD. Candle lights are a must and so is a subtle coloured plaid in pure wool or cashmere. Also consider soft rugs in tonal colours or with smooth patterns.

Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.

Levisen, Carsten (2012-11-14). Cultural Semantics and Social Cognition: A Case Study on the Danish Universe of Meaning. DE GRUYTER. doi: 10.1515/9783110294651. ISBN 978-3-11-029460-6 Enter My Hygge Home. I started reading this and couldn’t put it down and finished it in a single afternoon. It’s easy to read, and full of really lovely photos. (My personal favourite is a cat curled up catching a nap in a ray of sunlight.) Illustration of a hygge situation, with Meik Wiking's The Little Book of Hygge "Hygge" sign in a restaurant in Nørrebro Format: Hard Copy. I would highly recommend the physical copy of this book- The pictures are beautiful throughout.

Many people first think of candles when they think of hygge, and for good reason. The glow of candles creates the perfect atmosphere, lifting the spirits and casting warm light on a winter evening. Turning off artificial lights and opting for candles transforms any space into a cozier, more romantic, and more intimate oasis. Whether it’s during a night in alone or while entertaining close friends, there’s nothing more enticing than a room lit by candlelight. Read our complete guide to the best candles of the season to not only get more candlelight in your space but also to incorporate hygge-approved scents as well. Flea market shoppers and antique hoarders, rejoice! Ancestry and nostalgia are both important parts of the hygge life, which means vintage pieces or personal touches are crucial to making a home feel as warm and welcoming as possible . In fact, household objects, furniture, and decor should be more than just things that look nice and show off our style; they should also hold emotional value or tell a story that is personal to the owner. Incorporate vintage touches that have a history, like your grandmother’s favorite teapot, a landscape portrait your mom bought when she was in college, or even just your favorite photos of family members when they were younger. Also, think of decor shopping in terms of making memories: fill your home with items you bought from travels or recover a vintage chair you found at a flea market with your best friend. Stieg, Cory (23 November 2019). "Why people are so obsessed with 'hygge,' the cozy Danish lifestyle movement". cnbc.com . Retrieved 29 July 2020. If you’re renting or can’t commit to a construction project right now, you could bring in furniture made from natural wood such as a dining room table or a bookshelf. Hygge is all about cosiness, which means that the colours you choose for your home are going to be warm and inviting.The new beautiful book from the bestselling author of The Little Book of Hygge about how to use space, light and Danish design to transform your home. The Hygge Home will teach us all how to create a much-needed cozy safe space in our homes into which we can retreat to escape the tough things going on in the outside world. Meik will explore the size of our spaces, the way we decorate our homes, the amount of natural light coming in, how much access to green space we have and how we can extend these design principles from inside our homes to our neighbourhoods and beyond. The average person spends ⅓ of their life either asleep or trying to fall asleep. That means most of us spend about 33 years total in bed!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop