The Hating Game: A Novel

The Hating Game: A Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I loved this book so much and I highly recommend you to get a copy and devour it if you haven’t read it yet!

Realizing neither wants to work under the other, they make a bet: whoever does not get the job has to quit. In 2016, I was more able to overlook the fact that these physical attributes are their defining descriptive characteristics than I am today, in this economy.

I felt giddy with happiness reading this book, and I kept trying to prolong the experience because I know it's the author's only book. The story no longer has a nameless setting (the Australian Thorne purposely wrote it in a way that let readers imagine any big English-speaking city in the world) but is located in Manhattan's intense publishing world, where mergers are commonplace and competing interests between literary/prestige houses and commercial/airport-paperback titles are believable. Josh isn't the kind of asshole that I can't stand though, he's more playful about it and I absolutely adore him. They play juvenile games, they keep filing complaints to Human Resources, and they make each other miserable. And in this passage she compares "scary-looking woman" with the fortune teller, so that clearly depicts how Lucy sees them.

The catchy, pop-heavy soundtrack prominently features Angelina Jordan's "Mercy," two Dagny tracks, and the ballad "This Is How You Fall in Love" by Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutler. Lucy and Joshua work together for a publishing house that consists of a merger between two very different CEOs, and as Lucy and Josh find themselves up for the same promotion, they are forced to declare all out war, and as the tension builds they discover that maybe they have been wrong about each other all along.Si bien este no es el libro más hot and steamy que he leído en la vida, tuvo sus momentos espectaculares. Lucy is the artsy, overly generous assistant to the literary, art-driven Helen (Sakina Jaffrey), and Joshua is the intimidating, type-A assistant to commercially driven chauvinist Bexley ( Corbin Bernsen). I kept picturing Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as the leads in this for some reason (probably because I love their chemistry and I could see them playing these characters in a movie version of this. To request an Advance Review Copy (ARC) of my new release you will need to apply for one via the Edelweiss or Netgalley sites when it is available- PLEASE UNDERSTAND I do not give out ARCs myself.

Todo se sale de control a partir de ese momento, pues los dos saben que si uno de ellos obtiene el puesto de COO, se volverá el jefe del otro y le hará la vida aún más imposible.The book was read by Katie Schorr and it's not that she did a bad job, it's just that I liked the voice in my head better. I did expect it to be this white because there is not one POC in this book which it's weird because the worls IS NOT WHITE, PEOPLE. It was obvious from the start that Lucy was going to be the goody-two-shoes, sunshine-y girl who does everything with energy and enthusiasm and is addicted to the fact that everyone must love her and Josh was the mean fancy-ass jerk that was going to mess with her constantly and she was going to catch on fire because he was the only person who seemed to not like her.

Everything seems to get worse between Lucy and Josh when they find out one of them will be the other boss. Y es que su relación era tan tormentosa que, evidentemente, en el fondo estaban loquísimos el uno por el otro. I had a smile on my face the entire time I was reading and I love their witty banter and the fact that they work in publishing together and just EVERYTHING about this book makes me happy. As Lucy and Josh spend more time together outside of their office, we see how this relationship has hope.

Based on author Sally Thorne's best-selling romance novel debut, THE HATING GAME is an enemies-to-lovers story about two Manhattan publishers' assistants -- Lucy Hutton ( Lucy Hale) and Joshua Templeman ( Austin Stowell) -- who can't stand each other (at first). However, we encourage our readers to always pay for the content they wish to consume online and refrain from using any illegal means. I love how Lucy would sneak to Josh's apartment at night after work and I love how Josh's bedroom was painted a blue-ish girly color. Now they’re up for the same promotion and Lucy, usually a determined people-pleaser, has had enough: it’s time to take him down.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop