Carrion Comfort: Dan Simmons

Carrion Comfort: Dan Simmons

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Alliances are forged, treachery is afoot, and the “kings” of the chessboard, Willi and Barent, are making moves the others haven’t even conceived of yet. Reverend Jimmy Wayne Sutter, an incredibly influential and successful televangelist who uses "The Ability" mainly to get obscenely rich. The mottles of age were more visible at night and his neck, where it disappeared into his turtleneck, was all ropes and tendons. So, after the chess match, Saul is virtually alone with Willi (his servant, Reynolds is also there, as well as a drunk Harod).

Unbeknownst to our underdog trio — and I really mean underdog; most of the time, I’m thinking, how can they possibly go up against entities who can control your mind at will? Because that is violence — that is the mind vampires Simmons talks about in real life and through his fictional book — whether on an intimate level and/or a global level: Violence is generational, with millions of echoes. As he follows a blood-soaked trail he uncovers a chain of crimes linked to the most powerful figures in the country - influential enemies who will stop at nothing to remove those who stand in their way. There is a police and FBI investigation into a bizarre series of seemingly unconnected murders that span down a street on a single night as Sheriff Gentry and FBI Agent Haines interview a visiting psychologist named Saul Laski.Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The plane was a noisy, propeller-driven Constellation and I spent much of the flight assuring the oversolicitous stewardess that I needed nothing, that, indeed, I felt fine.

Simple as that ' STEPHEN KING Carrion Comfor t penetrates the darkest recesses of the 20th century, as one man seeks to justify his belief that a secret society of powerful beings is behind many of the world's most horrific catastrophes. It had drawn me to her then—one lonely, adolescent girl responding to the warmth of another like a moth to a flame.

Through various exotic locations on Terra, Chris takes the reader on a ride to discover some of the deepest secrets of the birth-place of Mankind, secrets that even go back to the days of the Horus Heresy. How each character tackles these mysteries is a plot all of its own, given that they each take them on from different angles, eventually coming to an unsettling truth by the end.

Nina described him as a scruffy sort, wispy little beard, thick glasses, a corduroy sports coat worn over an old plaid shirt—one of the type invariably sprinkled around successful parties of that era according to Nina. As Natalie and Gentry investigate, the Island Club uses a bus full of people to attack them—and they flee to the safety of the gang since no authorities arrive to help. The evening light was sending its final, horizontal rays through the stained glass panels of the bay windows and it cast a red hue on Willi as he stood next to the oak cupboard. Across multiple timelines, the novel mostly follows two groups of amoral people in 1980, some with aspirations of world domination, as their clashing involves a group of investigators.

There Tony Harod is interrogated under drugs to find out as much as possible about the Island Club and the Ability in general—getting info from EEG readouts as Tony tries in vain to control Natalie to escape. Some possible taint within the Ordos itself, some collusion with traitors at the highest and lowest levels, a deep-seated heresy.

We have seen something like this before of course, in the Eisenhorn and Ravenor series by Dan Abnett, and Chris Wraight’s latest definitely brings to mind the best of those two, which are very much foundational works of Warhammer 40,000. After all, Saul has been on a quest for 40-some years after surviving the Holocaust to find the Oberst and kill him.It won the Bram Stoker Award, the Locus Poll Award for Best Horror Novel, and the August Derleth Award for Best Novel. The book ends with Natalie going that same night on a suicide mission to finally kill Melanie and her collection of family, nurse, and doctor pawns.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop