Lockwood & Co.: The Screaming Staircase: 1

Lockwood & Co.: The Screaming Staircase: 1

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

On a smaller scale, some house-owners build open channels outside their front doors and divert the rainwater along them. It appears there is no way out for them now, and Lucy is struck with an idea—a terrible idea, but the only one she can think of. Lucy plays a vital role in the success because she can listen to the conversation of ghosts, which helps her to identify their sources easily.

The Screaming Staircase,book one in the five-volume series, begins with Junior Field Operative Lucy Carlyle (the protagonist) and Agency Director A. At age 9, Lucy is recruited by Jacobs' agency to work as an investigator alongside five other older children. Two days later, they are on their way to Combe Carey Hall—one of the most haunted places in all of England. Dark Specter** - A frightening variety of Type Two ghost that manifests as a moving patch of darkness.Lucy slides her hand along the stone wall as they descend and begins to sense things—the stamping of boots, the scrape of swords, the voices of many men.

The bloodstain on the ceiling now spread almost wall to wall; in our corner, a single triangle of clean space remained.She also meets a strange and powerful ghost in an escape-proof jar, a horrible apparition George has kept for some time. My only complaints would be that the characters acted and spoke a lot older than their age, and the setting didn't seem modern day - even though there were TVs and cars and bank wiring, it seemed more Victorian era/early 1900s to me.

While it was pretty awesome too, it really doesn't compare to the rich detail and internal struggles of the characters made clear in the book. I'll definitely be continuing the series, and I recommend this to anyone who likes ghost stories with a lot of humour and mystery. To remain active in the living world, a Visitor must have a connection to its former life—something that is still in the real world.He looked like a kid caught making an angel in the snow, except his glasses had been blown off and one of his hands was bleeding. Someone breaks into their home/office and tries to steal the locket but is not able to because Lucy has it. More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop