Olympus OM10 35mm Film SLR Camera with Olympus 50mm F/1.8 Zuiko Lens + Adaptor

Olympus OM10 35mm Film SLR Camera with Olympus 50mm F/1.8 Zuiko Lens + Adaptor

RRP: £249.99
Price: £124.995
£124.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We were only able to test the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV with the 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ lens, which, while very capable, doesn’t have a particularly wide maximum aperture. However, the Mark IV features in-body 5-axis image stabilization with up to 4.5 EV steps of compensation (which is a slight improvement on the Mark III’s 4 EV steps), which meant that even images shot in low light with a slower shutter speed still came out sharp. In 1972, Olympus released the first camera of the OM SLR series, the OM-1, which was followed by the OM-2, OM-3 and OM-4. In 1979, they released the first of their more consumer-targeted series, the Olympus OM-10 which was seen as a less ‘professional’ camera. Not that this mattered, as the camera did in fact go on to be a success, and I can see why.

It would also be nice if Olympus made more use of the camera’s touch control system, so it can be used with more of the Super Control Panel and the main menu. The camera's built-in light meter provides accurate exposure readings through the viewfinder, ensuring well-exposed photographs. It features a center-weighted metering system, which analyzes the light from the entire frame but gives more importance to the central area.The OM-10 hit the markets in June 1979 at the same time as the OM-2N. The camera was a 35mm focal-plane shutter aperture priority AE SLR camera with an electronic shutter. Only aperture-priority AE was available with the camera unless the optional manual exposure adapter was installed. This allowed the setting of shutter speeds between 1s and 1/1000s, (bulb mode was also available). The camera was equipped with a fixed pentaprism viewfinder which contained an LED exposure indicator. The finder coverage was measured to be 93%. The Olympus OM-D E-M10 IV is a compact and attractive camera, just like its predecessors. Its SLR-styled body and numerous dials may look imposing to some beginners, but Olympus has put effort into making it it easy to use for those who want to avoid those controls. Now mind you, I’m an old pre-AI Nikon guy – my parents were pros and I grew up on Nikons and Nikkormats – and I still shoot with that wonderful gear. But besides being lighter/smaller and ergonomically delightful, the OM cameras and Zuiko lenses are really fabulous shooters. The OM-2’s light meter on Auto produces entire rolls of perfectly exposed shots… I never even bother using its match-needle Manual mode.

The Olympus OM-10 is a 35mm single-lens reflex (SLR) film camera introduced by Olympus Corporation in 1979. It is one of the models in the OM-series of cameras, known for their compact and lightweight design. The OM-10 features a durable metal body construction, ensuring long-lasting performance. The E-M10 Mark IV is Olympus’ answer to cameras like the Panasonic Lumix G100, Fujifilm X-T200 and Sony ZV-1. And it manages to stand out with its classic OM-D styling, super-compact body and that excellent IBIS system. The 20MP resolution isn’t going to grab any headlines, but it's a significant and welcome step up over its predecessor's 16MP sensor, and keeps it within range of the competition. A very subtle change can be found on the rear, between the LCD and buttons. It's a small rubberized strip that gives you a little something to hold onto when you're holding the camera at arm's length taking selfies. USB charging The OM-10 is a manual focus, aperture-priority camera. That means, you’re in charge of focusing and choosing the aperture setting, and the camera figures out what the shutter speed should be. Of the various automatic modes, I find aperture priority the most useful. That’s because I usually don’t care about the shutter speed so long as it’s not so slow that I need a tripod to avoid image blurring. What I do care about though is depth of field, which is selected by changing the aperture of the lens. You might have a different preference, but this is mine. Shutter speeds60-1/4,000 sec with mechanical shutter; up to 1/16,000 sec with electronic shutter; plus BulbWith its manual and automatic exposure modes, the OM-10 provides versatility in capturing images. It offers an aperture-priority automatic mode, allowing the user to set the desired lens aperture while the camera selects the appropriate shutter speed for optimal exposure. Additionally, it has a manual mode for full control over both aperture and shutter speed.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop