The Geeky Chef Cookbook: Real-Life Recipes for Your Favorite Fantasy Foods - Unofficial Recipes from Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and more: 1

£6.495
FREE Shipping

The Geeky Chef Cookbook: Real-Life Recipes for Your Favorite Fantasy Foods - Unofficial Recipes from Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and more: 1

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Also, some pictures are photoshopped ? Like the fruity oaty bars are photoshopped to be multiculored. So the recipe tells you to put food coloring but then proceeds to not show you how ridiculous it looks when you use food coloring and instead photoshop the thing ? I don't know what that is about !

Whether you binge sci-fi TV shows, rewatch cult films, get addicted to MMORPGs, or read all the fantasy book series, The Geeky Chef Cookbook has your fictional food fantasies covered. What do I think of the cookbook?? I think it is awesome! If you love to cook or bake, and you are a geek for anything science fiction, then you absolutely have to have this book. It is available in Kindle or print. I highly recommend this book. Very unique! You can visit the author here www.geekychef.com/ Now, I know what you’re thinking. “but Mal, do I have to be a geek to enjoy The Geeky cookbook?” To that I say, “Dwight, you ignorant slut!” Even if you’ve never watched an episode of Game of Thrones (seriously?). Even if you’ve never heard of Harry Potter (really?). Even if you have no idea whether you’d join the Imperials or the Stormcloaks (come on?!?). I still think you’d enjoy the recipes that Reeder has created. The pictures are shiny and each recipe is accompanied by a paragraph that explains what fandom the recipe is inspired by and a little context of what and how the food came about. Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Race Point Publishing for this book in exchange for an honest review.Reeder cautions that some of the recipes include hard-to-find ingredients, but everything looked fairly normal to me. (Maybe our standards just differ, since I'm used to frequenting three different specialty stores and then combing the 'net for everything I still can't find.) The instructions are straightforward and nothing seems too terribly complicated, although some of the more involved recipes are best left to intermediate+ cooks - or beginners who are super-motivated and don't mind getting their hands (and kitchens!) dirty. I haven’t made any of the recipes myself, although I really want to make those lemon cakes from ASOIAF, the cake from Portal, and the cauldron cakes from HP. Apparently, I’m more of a sweet tooth than I give myself credit from. To make the soda "glow" tape the small LED light to the bottom of the bottle, light side facing up into the bottle.

How about starting the dinner with a nice Slurm from Futurama or if you want to get your significant other in special mood an alcoholic beverage like a Romulan Ale. Remove from heat, then add the butter and vanilla and stir some more, until both are completely incorporated. If you'd like to make a dish that looks as great IRL as it does in game, this is the book for you.A perfect holiday gift for gamers, dorks, and budding chefs, The Geeky Chef Cookbookblends technique, style, flare and charm into a tasty treat.With vibrant colors, these dishes will level you up to the hostess-with-the-mostest for game nights or dinner parties. Using a pastry roller, roll out the dough to fit a 9-inch pie tine and press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the tin. Cut off excess. Add pie weights or dry beans to keep the crust from warping.Listen. I am a nerd. I am a huge, capital 'N' Nerd and I love all things bookish, tv-series-ish, film-ish or anything else geeky-ish. That obviously includes the food. I mean, what is Harry Potter without the constant mention of treacle tart, really? Or the twelfth Doctor without his fishfingers and custards?

Each recipe is accompanied by the name of the fantasy that inspired by along with a short description of what inspired it. Most of the recipes include a picture, and many of them are truly mouthwatering. I can’t wait to make some of these! I do wish that all the recipes included a picture of the completed dish, but it’s not a must. I’ve read books that didn’t have a single picture, so I can’t complain much. The recipes often look great, but what I particularly liked about this cookbook, except for the research that went into designing foods that have something very meagre descriptions in the works they originate from, was the sheer number of different fandoms that the book touches upon. I think it is simply impossible, if you even slightly identify as geeky, to not find at least some of your favorites here. Calling all Geeks!! What an awesome cookbook, who would think that you could get the same food that is in your most favorite geeky shows, such as Star Wars, Harry Potter and even Dr.Who? Well with this cookbook you can. The first chapter is Beverages, non alcoholic. Blue Milk from Star Wars, Red Potion from various video games such as The Legend of Zelda, Minecraft and World of Warcraft. Another beverage is Butter Beer from Harry Potter and of course it would not be complete without a "Blood" recipe from your favorite vampire shows. On to alcoholic recipes to add a bit of spice to your marathon watching geeky shows party. I wouldn't exactly call myself a chef, but I do love to play with my food, and I'm no stranger to veganizing and recipie-zing (is that a word? can we make it one?) foods from my favorite books and television shows. To wit: last year's VeganMoFo theme, Carbs & Rec, in which I blogged foods found in and inspired by the always-awesome Parks & Recreation (may she rest in peace). There were Mac & Cheese Pizzas, Meat Tornadoes, Champion’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Birthday Biscuits, You Just Got JAMMED! Kolaches, and of course waffles galore. Now, I am an absolute noob in the kitchen, but most of the recipes are so simple and great that even I can do them and they look AMAZING (my personal favourite are the Pumpkin Pasties, SO GOOD!), which means that you definitely have no excuse not trying these out. The pictures along want to make you be really good at cooking, I promise you.Let your love for sci-fi or fantasy shine with The Geeky Chef series by creating food and drinks from your favorite shows, movies, and video games. Your cool, homemade, fiction-themed spread will make you the life of the party. Incredibly fun and creative, and colorfully designed, The Geeky Chef books make the perfect gift for the geek in your life who lives in a world of their own. Author Cassandra Reeder has brought together fun and out of this word recipes based on the wonderful geeky worlds of Sic-Fi and Fantasy. THE GEEKY CHEF COOKBOOK: Real-Life Recipes For Fantasy Foods covers shows/stories/games that will have fans tying on their favorite show geeky aprons, and heading to the galley/mess hall to get their cook on. Which means that I could not be more excited that there is a book for people like me. To re-make, re-live and be part of their favourite fantasy world through the fabulousness that is good food.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop