What a Waste: Trash, Recycling, and Protecting Our Planet (Protect the Planet)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What a Waste: Trash, Recycling, and Protecting Our Planet" is a nonfiction book that informs children about recycling. On the front cover of the book it says "I'm made with responsibly sourced materials and soy inks!" I think that is awesome that this book was even made from responsibly sourced materials because it shows just how recycling can protect our planet. I love that this book teaches children that doing little things such as recycling can make a big difference in the world. Students can also learn all about different kinds of waste and how it affects the environment. I love how this books teaches the readers what to do about this environmental issue and how we are the one's that can make this change to protect Earth. Many children would also love the illustrations in this book as well! Cicero (1930). Pro Quinto Roscio comoedo oratio,"The Speeches". Translated by Freese, John Henry. Cambridge, Massachusetts. pp.278–81. {{ cite book}}: CS1 maint: location missing publisher ( link) Geijsbeek, John Bart (1914). Ancient double-entry bookkeeping: Lucas Pacioli's treatise. J. B. Geijsbeek. p. 137. waste book+bookkeeping.

In this informative book on recycling for children, you will find everything you need to know about our environment. The good, the bad and the incredibly innovative. From pollution and litter to renewable energy and plastic recycling.I found this book a bit overwhelming and depressing-but that is where we are as a planet. Humans have trashed it.

I will definitely use this book in my future classroom because of the wonderful details it includes! One way I would use this book is to create a scaffolded reading lesson. I love how it has a central dialogue throughout the book, but it also has so many smaller anecdotes too. I would have students create a concept map graphic organizer to go along with the scaffolded reading lesson so they could summarize all of the good information throughout the book. I would also use this book for a science lesson. It is a fun way to get students thinking about reducing waste as well as recognize the impact that they have on their environment. This educational book will teach young budding ecologists about how our actions affect planet Earth and the big impact we can make by the little things we do. It’s been great seeing more awareness about plastic waste over Plastic-Free July. There’s been a lot of great coverage and hopefully lots of people have made some changes and are trying to create less waste.I think it would be really cool to have each student focus on a different section of the book and create their own graphic, each student could share their section with the class so that most topics got shared with the whole group! I think another activity students could do is after reading this book they could write a paragraph about what they learned about waste and how they can make a difference! Waste books were also used in the tradition of the commonplace book and note-taking. A well known example is Isaac Newton's Waste Book in which he did much of the development of the calculus. [4] Another example is that of Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, who called his waste books sudelbücher, and which were known to have influenced Leo Tolstoy, Albert Einstein, Andre Breton, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Ludwig Wittgenstein. [5] [6]

I especially like the illustrations combined with real life photographs in the story because that gives students the chance to relate drawings with things that are happening in real life. This is full of information that we need to give to the younger generation about the environment to sustain earth. Some parts are scary however I think it is good that the book gives solutions to every problem that they mention. In a general sense Cicero contrasted the short-lived memoranda of the merchant with the more carefully kept account book designed as a permanent record. [8] Almost everything we do creates waste, from litter and leftovers to factory gases and old gadgets. Find out where it goes, how it affects our planet and what we can do to reduce the problem.

International

The activities are inspired by Jess French's book What a Waste, but are flexible and perfect for using with any environmental book or project. Activities included in the resource are: This new book has lots of information for children about the state or of the planet, about the pollution and waste that humans create and the things we can do to improve the situation — renewable energy, recycling, eco-friendly alternatives and different ways of living, how to make a positive impact and what we all can do. The book also explains different types of waste management too which is very fascinating to learn about. Presented with current facts, figures, graphic representations, photographs, dialogue boxes in the vibrant DK style, many environmental issues are explored. Did you know ‘92% of the world’s people are breathing polluted air?’ Discover why we need forests and learn about the threat to the orangutan population with the loss of their habitat. Deforestation and land clearing are major problems with 15 billion trees cut down each year.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop