Garmin Approach G12 Golf Range Finder

Garmin Approach G12 Golf Range Finder

RRP: £133.39
Price: £66.695
£66.695 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It sports a very simple design and interface so it would be perfect for beginners as well as seasoned players. The Garmin Approach G12 is also water rated as IPX7 which, means that you can use it safely in the rain. Don’t submerge it in water or anything but also don’t be afraid to use it in a downpour. You can also use the G12 with Garmin club sensors for more robust club and swing data. Since those humble beginnings, our endeavour has blossomed into a robust and trusted online retailer, representing the leading brands in the golf industry. We take immense pride in being your go-to destination for all things golf!

You can use it to manually input the exact location of the pin and to keep score. Like the G12, you can use the S12 to see the exact shape of each green you play. Pros:One nice feature was being able to set different pin locations to get more accurate distances. It’s a little time-consuming, but if a pin sheet is available taking a couple minutes to set the pins ahead of time will make your round even more frictionless on the course. You can’t pair it with any apps and you can’t connect it to your smartphone in any way (like Bluetooth). Carly holds the ladies course record (68) at her home club Parkstone and her lowest competition round (seven-under-par 65) was carded in the pro-am of the Irish Ladies Open at Killeen Castle, playing alongside Solheim Cup superstar Anna Nordqvist. Although her current handicap index has crept up to 3.7 since Covid she has her sights firmly set on achieving that elusive scratch handicap and hopefully playing for her country when she’s 50. Welcome to The Golf Shop Online, where our passion for golf drives us to provide you with an exceptional shopping experience! After you setup your preferences and paired your smartphone, press to start a game of golf. The Approach G12 GPS will be activated and then look for courses in your vicinity. Select your course and respond to the questions about keeping score and what color tee you are driving from. There are more than 41,000 courses around the world preloaded on the G12 so your local courses should be on the device. Since I often golf by myself to practice my game, I prefer to use Garmin devices that keep score. I find they are very accurate at keeping score, more so than even myself trying to remember how many shots I took.

The G12 is fairly simple to use and it doesn't take much time to get the hang of it. It has a clip to enable you to fasten it to your clothing, golf bag, hat etc and there are a number of useful features, all of which are golf related. There is no step counter or pulse monitor like you will find on the pricier Garmin offerings such as the S62 watch for example, which has a number of smart watch features that make it suitable to wear off the course. This is the golf blog of golf's 99%: The working stiff who plays at munis with ten-year-old clubs and whose family and work take precedence, but whose love of the game never diminishes. As you look at the info for the hole, you can scroll down using the left buttons to get details on hazards and layups. This differs slightly from the S12 and other watches in the Approach range as usually ‘hazards and layups’ isa stand alone option in the menu, but on the G12 you could miss it if you aren't aware of how to find it. I’m accustomed to using devices that do this automatically so I will often forget to activate it manually, which can be frustrating. But having extensively tested the S12 recently I have gotten better at this and I did use the ‘last shot’ feature to good effect two or three times with the G12. Specifically when I missed the fairway and found trouble on the right (it’s always on the right with me). Twice it was trees and the third one was a ditch. I found my ball every time but only because I had activated ‘last shot’ on the tee as soon as I knew I’d found trouble. I know how far I usually carry a good drive so that narrows my search area down to around 10 yards. Without ‘last shot’ I’d have been searching a much bigger area. Golf is a popular activity that serves as a competitive sport, business meeting space, social gathering place, and relaxing outdoor activity for millions of people. There is a large market for golf gear and I've been very pleased with the Garmin CT10 club sensors and a connected watch or another device as I play for pleasure and to escape work for a few hours.

Every experiment needs a control so we put the Garmin Approach G12 up against the older but still relevant Approach G10. If you don’t like the idea of wearing a watch while you play, the G12 provides a nice alternative for you as well. It comes with a clip and a lanyard so you can use it in a wide variety of ways without disrupting your stroke. Lastly, the G12 has slightly better screen resolution than it’s predecessor with 175 x 175 pixel display.

The G12 can last up to 30 hours in golf GPS mode as opposed to the estimated 15 hour lifespan of the G10 battery.You can charge your G12 with any USB port, and it’s a good idea to do so before your first round. You can also sync it to the Garmin app for course updates. Garmin’s app is excellent, and the syncing takes less than a minute. Also: Garmin MARQ Golfer review: Virtual caddie contained in a luxurious and powerful GPS sports watch So if you’re looking for additional functionality beyond just what is offered on the GPS, you’ve got some options. At The Golf Shop Online, we are dedicated to offering you the most competitive prices. We continually compare our prices with those of our competitors to ensure you receive the best possible deal. In the rare event that you find a lower price elsewhere, we even provide a price promise* to further enhance your shopping experience. In addition to the hazards, the Approach G12 has several smart “bonus” features. There’s a digital scorecard which can sync with the Garmin app. You can measure your shot distances with a couple button pushes. It also shows you the times for sunrise and sunset. Finally, there’s a green view that allows you to move the pin to get better yardages. The pin can’t go anywhere – it rotates among several set locations – but it’s a nice way to see the green shape and perhaps chase that elusive ace.

Take the Garmin Approach G12 for example. It’s a simple, affordable, reliable GPS device that has what you really need to play better rounds. So in today’s review, we wanted to shed some light on this oft overlooked golf GPS device from Garmin.Yep. Absolutely. It works as advertised, and is exactly what you’d expect from a company like Garmin. Also: Garmin Approach S62 announced: Bigger display and virtual caddie help improve your golf game Device software One of the biggest differences between these two devices in terms of features is that the G10 has no smartphone compatibility.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop