Plantation - XO Barbados 20th Anniversary Rum 70cl, 40% ABV

Plantation - XO Barbados 20th Anniversary Rum 70cl, 40% ABV

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

MF is not all for the GI being proposed by the other side. They say some of the protections are preventing innovation. MF also says they truly believe that a GI must be inclusive and faithful to the roots of ALL Barbados rum-making. They agree that for a rum to be considered Barbadian rum, it must be distilled and aged in Barbados… but for one year only. They also don’t agree with the no sugar added part. Because, for those unfamiliar with Plantation, Plantation often adds sugar to their rum. They also secondarily age their rum often in ex-Cognac casks which are aged further in France.

Plantation XO 20th Anniversary Rum with Two Glasses Gift Set Plantation XO 20th Anniversary Rum with Two Glasses Gift Set

It is presented in a decanter-style bottle with tasteful gold lettering conveying the information: 20 years, extra-old, Plantation Barbados rum. Classy. On The Nose Plantation 3 Stars white rum is named for the three stars of Caribbean rum production, namely Barbados, Trinidad, and Jamaica. Plantation Single Cask rums are limited releases of double-aged Haute Couturerums. All Plantation rums mature in a two-stage ageing process, beginning in the tropics where they age in bourbon casks, and then at the Château de Bonbonnet in France to mature in Ferrand barrels. Plantation Single Cask rums then benefit from further maturation in carefully selected beer, wine or spirit casks, each selected to enhance the rum's unique characteristics. Every Single Cask rum takes its own ageing path to greatness, and each bottle is personalized and numbered. Only a few barrels of these unique reserve rums are bottled annually, making them a prize for collectors. the TERROIRS OF RUM Palate: Surprisingly sweet palate entry, with molasses and hints of leather to the fore, alongside orange rind and salted butter. Allspice. Its time for Bajan rum along with Jamaica and Martinique rums to be recognised as the world standard quality products they are, its a shit fight to get that recognition and people like MF who are making a ton of money from the work of others, whilst pretending to fly the flag of quality are no better than pimps.

Awards for Plantation 5yo Barbados

Tropical ageing : 8 -15 years. The rums are chosen for their struture with aromatic characteristics suited for intensive oak ageing. This sweet and velvety rum has notes of tropical fruits, orange marmalade and coconut. A smooth finish of vanilla and creamy caramel. Summary A Love Letter to I’m Sorry and a Tribute to Funny Moms in 3 Bits By Annie Berke September 6, 2023 | 11:48am

Plantation XO 20th Anniversary, GIFT - Tmavý rum | Alko90.sk Plantation XO 20th Anniversary, GIFT - Tmavý rum | Alko90.sk

My last sentence was meant to… scare people. The world is filled with ersatz products inspired(?) by more quality and integrity filled products. If people want to enjoy Barbados rum now, as Foursquare is fighting to keep, they should be aware of this. Vote with their wallet I guess. It is based on a three-year-old Trinidad rum that has been charcoal-filtered to remove the yellow colour and heavier tannins. The rum is then blended with 12 year aged Jamaican rum and un-aged rums from Jamaica and Barbados before secondary ageing in France. On The Nose I find the diversity fascinating, exuberating. The joy of tasting the best rums right out of the still from one island to the next is blissful. The degrees of fermentation and distillation are always unique. And this is where I saw an opportunity ! I wondered (and could taste) what my team and I could do with such varying distillations. At that moment I knew in my heart that we could perfect the methods of aging in wood casks that we knew so well from producing Cognac. Voila, the idea for Plantation is launched.” Plantation’s entry in the category of pineapple rums, Stiggins’ Fancy Plantation Pineapple, is a blend of Plantation 3 Stars and Plantation Original Dark. It is flavoured with pineapple from rinds and fruit and aged for three months in oak casks before being bottled.Barbancourt is more of an enigma to me. The impression I get from more knowledgeable and usually older rum geeks is it’s past its golden days. They changed their production process which hurt the quality. It used to enjoy being the only Haitian rum in the market. But after Luca Gargano started bottling and selling Clairin from various producers, Clairin started taking the spotlight. Although Clairin is more of the spirit of Haiti and not Haitian rum. O dvacet let později bylo všechno jinak. Naštěstí, dalo by říct. Díky tomu vznikl rum Plantation 20th Anniversary XO, oslavující 20. výročí tohoto báječného spojení. Výnimočný vyzretý rum Plantation XO 20th Anniversary vznikol pri príležitosti dvadsiateho výročia pôsobenia Alexandra Gabriela v jeho materskej destilérke - Maison Ferrand. Unikátna zmes rumov starých od 10 do 25 rokov pochádzajúcich z Barbadosu dokonale vystihuje atmosféru tohto nádherného ostrova. The US is slowly getting better rum selection. Foursquare is more available now. LM&V is also getting into markets of the US.

Plantation 5 Year Old Barbados Rum | Master of Malt Plantation 5 Year Old Barbados Rum | Master of Malt

In Plantation’s case, though, Original Dark feels like it was named less to take advantage of the category’s loose restrictions, and more to simply fill a gap that consumers expected. There’s no unaged rum in this blend, and the company claims its use of caramel coloring is “solely to adjust—if needed—the color between different batches.” This one is a blend of 1-3 year old column and pot still Barbados rum, and (presumably a smaller quantity) of 10-15 year old Jamaican rum, which are “blended into a wooden vat to age for 3-6 months in the southwest of France.” This is the standard Plantation playbook, as rums are moved from tropical aging to blending and secondary aging in France, often in cognac barrels. Alexander likes to talk about how they age sugar syrup in used barrels in Cognac. While I agree this can elevate the quality of sugar, I still don’t like drinking sweetened rum. So it could be both? I assume they also sweeten their Cognac (it’s legal) if they sweeten their rum. That sweetening should also linger in the ex-Cognac barrels.Rum from Fiji has been all the rage among the rum geeks in the last few years, so it’s no surprise that Maison Ferrand wanted a piece of that action, if the category were to continue catching on. This is a pretty standard Fijian rum, a blend of pot and column still rums aged tropically for 2-3 years in bourbon casks before the usual 1 year of finishing in Ferrand casks in France. It’s lightly estery, with a moderate level of dosage. The 1990s see Alexandre Gabriel combing the Caribbean in search of the best rums of the region. Plantation is born: an artisanal range of rums from the great terroirs of the tropics. Fifteen years of dedicated rum-making later, in 2012, Alexandre is awarded Master Rum Blender of the Year at the Golden Rum Barrel Awards and was named Distiller of the Year by The American Distilling Institute.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop