West Cork Blended Irish Whisky Bourbon Cask 70 cl

West Cork Blended Irish Whisky Bourbon Cask 70 cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

People should also realise that the price being secured by Irish whiskey today is not necessarily the same they will get when it comes time to sell their own. However, the one that I find myself returning to is their single pot still, which is matured in bourbon barrels (see Irish whiskey vs Bourbon) before being further matured in Spanish sherry casks.

Nose is pleasant, dark fruits and vanilla, buttery, cream, dominated by sweet pleasant grain, reminds me of Teeling Single Grain. A bit of a glue, is there any unmalted barley there? Whiskybase B.V. is the Dutch private limited liability company, having its statutory seat in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and its office at Zwaanshals 530, 3035 KS Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Whiskybase B.V. is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no. 52072819. However, I’ve found myself decidedly avoiding it in recent pub-visits, hence the switch (note: Yellowspot is still a great drop, but no longer one of my favourites). Next, we have another bourbon cask-aged whiskey at a much milder 80 proof. Again, it’s a blend of grain and malt whiskeys, also of unspecified age. Named after historic Knappogue Castle ( built in 1467) in County Clare, Knappogue Castle Irish Whiskey is a brand of premium single malt Irish whiskey.Nothing in the Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from gross negligence or willful misconduct by us. But that wasn’t the case. I first tried the 45% blended Irish whiskey, with its palate of velvety texture and sweet flavours, during a visit to the Dublin distillery and I was very pleasantly surprised. West Cork Irish Whiskey – Bourbon cask (40% abv/80 proof) – is a blended Irish whiskey containing 75% grain Irish whiskey & 25% malt Irish whiskey. Patiently matured in first fill bourbon casks to deliver a smooth, subtle and quintessential Irish whiskey.” Dried fruit, caramel taffy, honey candy, spice, pie crust, grain and a touch floral with some notes of vanilla and oak drifting through.

Part of Mitchell’s ‘spot’ range, it’s been on sale continuously since the early 1900s but now its reach is global and thus (thankfully for us!) far more widely available. Produced at the New Midleton Distillery east of Cork, Midleton Very Rare is matured for twelve to twenty years in ex-bourbon American Oak barrels and is one of the most expensive whiskeys regularly produced by Irish Distillers. Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). Taste is relatively strong for a blend, it reminds me of other West Cork expression so it has to carry a distillate character of the house. Burn is one of the lightest I get from blends, tho it tastes more like 43% than 40%.

Buyers should also be particularly careful with newer distilleries that haven’t yet had any of their own whiskey come off the bottling line - as the actual quality of their end-product is still unknown. Overall it reminds me some of non-peated Islands/Highland whiskeys which I called have "Atlantic" character. It is very un-Jameson-y, so be aware, this one is different. And I am not lying, every time I take a sip I imagine a fjord or something like that. I really hope these guys will stay independent distillers forever... I’ve found the flavour of Knappogue to be similar to a Scotch (see Scotch vs whiskey) and, at first, hard to drink. However, a drop of water makes the vanilla ‘pop’, transforming it into a more enjoyable sip.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop