Love on the Brain: From the bestselling author of The Love Hypothesis

Love on the Brain: From the bestselling author of The Love Hypothesis

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Then there is Levi, the epitome of a leading man. He's handsome, smart, industrious, athletic, motivated, charming, sweet and a Star Wars fan. I mean, sign me up.

Do you like heroes who are grumpy and moody but then they fall hard for a woman and become obsessed with her and with her ass (but like, in a healthy way) and they would literally die for her? WELCOME TO THIS BOOK. There are some similarities with Adam and Olive’s story ( Love Hypothesis) : how both couple misunderstands each other, how the hero saves the day and hotel room romance parts! But I liked this formula a lot and this book really burned my brain cells with the smartest references: it’s truly so much fun to live inside Bee’s brain and read her whirlwind thoughts, admire her extra nerdy perspective, her vivid, sarcastic tone! Bee Königswasser is over the moon at getting a job at NASA working on a neuroengineering project until she learns that she will have to co-lead the project with her graduate school nemesis, Levi Ward. She doesn’t want to see Levi again, she knows he hates her, but she needs this project for her resume so she can finally get away from her job, and her horrible boss. And then after the halfway mark, suddenly she adores him and they’ve had all these cute and not totally contrived moments together and they’re 69’ing three bloody times. (side note to those curious: they’re skippable, but don’t read this book anyway not worth it)By now, I'm sure you guys already know these tidbits about me—I'm a hopeless, sappy, mushy romantic and I'm a girl in STEM. So of course I adored Love on the Brain. I love an Enemies-to-Lovers trope, so I wasn't surprised that I enjoyed this plot. One thing I really appreciated was that most of the miscommunication between the couple is cleared up earlier in the book than is generally the case.

Di Carlo, Daniella (February 14, 2023). "10 Successful Books That Started Out as Fan Fiction: ' The Love Hypothesis ' (2021) — Ali Hazelwood". Collider . Retrieved February 14, 2023. honestly, Levi. he's the best grumpy hero ever. and like... the way he loves his dog? men who are overprotective of their formerly mistreated dogs have rights. THEY HAVE SO MANY RIGHTS. FIFTY-FIVE PERCENT. Why has it taken until FIFTY-FIVE PERCENT FOR THEM TO START COMMUNICATING FINALLY. Enemies to lovers and friends to lovers themes meet “You’ve got mail” blended in second chances with so much brainy, nerdy references made me giggle at least hundred times!Nothing to say here. This man was the Ideal Science Gentleman, which means he was Bee’s ideal of what the perfect man should be and the only one who had a reason for his horrible communication skills. Sure, Levi is attractive in a tall, dark, and piercing-eyes kind of way. And sure, he caught her in his powerfully corded arms like a romance novel hero when she accidentally damseled in distress on her first day in the lab. But Levi made his feelings toward Bee very clear in grad school—archenemies work best employed in their own galaxies far, far away.

Is Levi softening towards her, or was she possibly misreading him all along? Also, if it isn't Levi sabotaging her, who is it? i truly have no idea how to insert images or gifs but pretend i'm inserting 69 tina belcher gifs here) At this point, I can safely add Ali Hazelwood to my list of must-read authors. I've loved both of her full-length novels (I'm a little iffier on her novellas, but I'm generally not a fan of novellas). I find her writing style to be supremely entertaining and her focus on science and women in STEM to be refreshing. It's always a joy to dig into one of her stories, and I can't wait for more. In terms of the romance itself, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite thing about this book. I found the transition from we're-frenemies to we're-getting-it-on to be a bit sudden. It seemed like they were solidly in the former category, and then all of a sudden, they were in the latter category. I guess I wanted more of a slow progression and steamy anticipation than what I got.

Special thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing for sharing this amazing, one of the most anticipated books’ arc copy with me in exchange my honest thoughts. Sure, Levi is attractive in a tall, dark, and piercing-eyes kind of way. And sure, he caught her in his powerfully corded arms like a romance novel hero when she accidentally damseled in distress on her first day in the lab. But Levi made his feelings toward Bee very clear in grad school--archenemies work best employed in their own galaxies far, far away.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop