Warhammer 40K Orks Morkanaut / Gorkanaut

Warhammer 40K Orks Morkanaut / Gorkanaut

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Trukks made it through the transition almost unchanged (+1 point). That’s pretty good and given that 9th edition’s mission structure seems to reward Infantry units in Transports, it may be the humble Trukk’s time at last. These are so cheap that throwing a couple down with 10 infantry of some sort in each has got to be worth trying, especially as Deathskulls, as it gives Orks something to push an early objective grab with that doesn’t instantly die to anti-horde fire. This has already been used successfully in a 4-1 list played by “Seth the Mad Dok”, which we are going to assume is his real name. Flyers

Units that disembark from a TRANSPORT model that made a Normal move this phase count as having made a Normal move themselves; they cannot move further during this phase. Such a unit also cannot declare a charge in the same turn, but can otherwise act normally in the remainder of the turn. Gretchin are the big losers. The changes to army building in 9th meant there was no longer a need to run so many, but we still would like them for screening and character protection. 5 points a model is nearly ridiculous. I'd heavily consider 10 boyz instead, since they can at least hit something in a meaningful way. Ork Horde Detachment: If you think you need a Kustom Force Field and don’t want to usethe points on a Big Mek, you can always take a Morkanaut instead, it frees up that third HQ spot for another Warboss or a Painboy. Gorkanauts & Morkanauts as a point sink means you have to be careful to not pull points away from completing this typically top heavy Detachment. Or what if I told you it had 7 weapons attached to it? [more than a Stormsurge if you don’t count individual missiles]

Deff Dread

Fighta-Bommer • Wazbom Blastajet • Heavy Bommer • Mega Bommer • Grot Bommer • Minelayer • Landa • Grot Bomm • Drilla-Killa • Other Whilst all of these are separate Datasheets, they share enough in common to have a general breakdown before diving into their unique aspects. Being SPEED FREEK VEHICLES opens up a good chunk of rules interactions, though they aren’t CORE so watch out for that. Thank you, I do actually want to build one of each. I admit I want them more for the fun of building them than actually playing with them. The reason for this thread is that while they aren't really a part of my army I will still want to use them from time to time and would prefer to build the more useful one first.

So you think, Kaiba! I declared my Thousand Sons the cult of Duplicity, which means all my psykers have access to the Sorcerous Facade power! Furthermore I will spend 8 Cabal Points to invoke Cabbalistic Focus, causing the rubrics to appear behind your custodes! The Vengeance for the Wronged and Sorcerous Fullisade stratagems along with the Malefic Maelstrom infernal pact evoked earlier in the command phase allows me to double their firepower, letting me wound on 2s and 3s!" Mek Guns came out of the changes in a pretty good place point wise, and they can move and shoot without incurring a penalty to their hit rolls since they’re vehicles, but that’s a double-edged sword: they’re also going to bleed you points to the Bring It Down Secondary Objective, where their T5, 6-Wound frames do not do enough to protect them. Unless you’re going all-in on vehicles, that probably caps you at maybe 6 of these as a sensible number. With that in mind, there probably isn’t much draw to take a detachment just for running these, and you’re more likely to see a small number stapled onto another detachment. That isn’t the end of the world – the dreaded Smasha Gun is still an extremely nasty piece of kit, and giving up kills isn’t nearly as bad as it used to be. It really only takes one spike turn from a battery of these to waste a big target, so keeping some around is worthwhile. It does seem a bit less likely you’ll see them in Grot Mobz, though that is an option if you end up needing to take a Patrol to squeeze in HQs. A few nasty point increases on mid-tier units. Stormboyz, Flash Gitz, Meganobz, and the Wazboom Blastajet all saw significant points increases they could have done without (though some weapon options on Meganobz got cheaper, so if you run double killsaws their overall cost went down). That’s not great for army/list diversity.

Green is Best

BONEBRAKER [195] (160) Deff Rolla (20) 2 big Shootas (10) Rigger Grots (5) (- 1 CP) FORTRESS (+3 save +5 inv)

Highlight the metallic areas using a silver shade like Runefang Steel. This step will give the metallic parts a polished and shiny finish, adding extra visual interest to your model.Big Gob- +3” to Auras, to a max of 9”. Most Ork Characters have either no Auras, no good or applicable Auras, or aren’t too worried about their Auras being longer range. Can be useful on a Painboss/Boy for a 6” aura on their 6+++, but not really worth the investment. Zagstruk has this, being so shouty. It’s been put out there that the easiest solution to ‘fix’ the Gork/Morkanaut is to make them Super-Heavy Walkers. This does solve almost every problem, but look at those legs:

Nobz on Warbikes also saw a pretty small points increase, and now that the Warboss option is gone, this is your next best option for using those models. If you’re looking for tougher units to throw down on an objective you probably end up taking Meganobz over these, because the 4+ save on the Nobz makes them way too brittle to a wide variety of shooting, whereas anything with a 2+ needs real attention to take down. Meganobz being able to benefit from the various varieties of cover is also a big deal, as it’s now pretty challenging to get a boosted save on the bikers. Meganobz also get a comparitive boost from 8th in that they no longer look completely embarrassing when you compare their cost to a Centurion – so that’s nice! The goblins were real fun to paint and based on Brin’s Orruk skin from How to Paint Everything: Orks . I went a bit lazy with it and didn’t include the purple basecoat for the shadows or the flesh color final highlight but they turned out well enough. I particularly love how the lenses came out on the grot pilot! Hit ‘Em Harder- A MEGANOBZ unit gets +1 Dmg with their Power Klaws or Killsawz for a Fight Phase. Not always useful depending on targets, but being able to have greater damage on tap can help them when going after particularly hard targets, or thus with Damage reduction. As with other Ork Stratagems, not cheap at 2CP, but can make all the difference on the right targets. Imagine being good at your job, but you have to commute via a Razor Scooter. That kind of sums the Gork/Morkanaut movement. Speaking of a unit suffering from not having cheap screens, Lootas are DOA for me. 300 points for the unit, at least 150 points for a screen to Grot Shields with, and still basically requiring Showin' Off for 2CP a turn is just too much to invest in an immobile, fragile, high-variance unit.

Da Jump (WC 7)- A CORE unit within 12” is immediately redeployed via Deep Strike. Good for Objective or Secondary purposes, getting into Line of Sight, getting out of combat and still shooting, or threatening a charge. The hardest power to cast though, so don’t make a plan that hinges on it, rather use it for the great utility it provides as and when needed.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop