Bob Dylan At Budokan

Bob Dylan At Budokan

RRP: £9.79
Price: £4.895
£4.895 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The rear insert has the date "O-11-21" (21 Nov 1987). The 1987 copy shown is a promo with a promo panel on the rear insert and The audio recording is from two different shows on February 28 and March 1, 1978. Columbia Records released this double LP on August 21, 1978; the original issue was limited to the Japanese market. Later that year, it was released in Australia. On April 23, 1979, spurred by extensive importing and at least one counterfeit European edition, Columbia released the album to worldwide markets. The shows were the fourth and fifth in an eight-show appearance at Nippon Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan. It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) [Live at Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan – February 28, 1978] 6:34 CBS SCBS 2335 (Zimbabwe) - detail of Side 1, scan by Lars M. Banke (variant 1 - same text layout as

Having personally only ‘found’ Dylan a couple of years earlier via the Revue tour, the live album from these shows in its original form was a true revelation to myself as a fledgling fan and I always remember marveling at how the songs had evolved in such a short period of time allowing me to find new strength and meaning in what I was listening to. My view on any new output was not in any way tarnished by a deep-rooted love and admiration for his classic songwriting period in the early 60’s and 70’s, which I was still only just getting to know, and I hungered for anything new from the great man and whatever band he could put together. The original release of At Budokan and then Street Legal therefore became firm favourites and a key part of myself getting to know the man and his music. translated into Spanish and the album bizarrely classified as "POP/COUNTRY". The translations into Spanish are We get one cover song each night, a standard set for the tour. Night one we get the sauntering blues of Repossession Blues by Roland Janes from Memphis, with Billy Cross featuring on guitar and night two we get the hard driving 12-bar blues of Tampa Red’s Love Her With A Feeling.Both shows close out with with a bombastic It’s Alright Ma, which elevates to truly cacophonous proportions, a simply gorgeous and moving Forever Young and a sincere and truly uplifting The Times They Are A-Changin’. Dylan’s World Tour 1978 marked the artist’s first international concert dates since 1966 and his first live shows since the Rolling Thunder Revue blasted through North America in 1975-76. A major international musical event, the year-long tour found Dylan performing 114 shows in Asia, Oceania, North America and Europe, to a combined audience of two million fans. Columbia CDCBS 96004 (Australia) - detail of CD1, scan by Stuart Moore (first release - "1-CDCBS-96004" in inner The Bob Dylan World Tour 1978 marked the artist’s first international concert dates since 1966 and his first live shows since the Rolling Thunder Revue blasted through North America in 1975-76. A major international musical event, the year-long tour found Bob Dylan performing 114 shows in Asia, Oceania, North America and Europe, to a combined audience of two million fans. Austriancharts.at – Bob Dylan – Bob Dylan At Budokan" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved March 7, 2021.

Bob Dylan Announces New Complete Budokan 1978 Live Album". Pitchfork. 2023-09-07 . Retrieved 2023-09-08. Chief engineer Tom Suzuki says, "We mixed the record with the keyword 'passion' in mind. The result is a mix that surpasses the original 1978 release, providing a crisper and clearer sound where each instrument and Bob Dylan's voice are distinctly audible." Columbia Records and Legacy Recording, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release Bob Dylan – The Complete Budokan 1978 on Friday, November 17. Offiziellecharts.de – Bob Dylan – Bob Dylan at Budokan" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved November 24, 2023.The audio recording is from shows on 28 February and 1 March 1978. Columbia Records released this double LP in Japan on 21 August 1978. Later that year, it was released in Australia and New Zealand. On 23 April 1979, spurred by extensive importing and at least one counterfeit European edition, Columbia released the album to worldwide markets. [2] The shows were the fourth and fifth in an eight-show appearance at Nippon Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

And now, upon hearing this vastly expanded collection of these songs from two complete shows, especially in such crisp, clear and pristine sound quality, as opposed to the selected highlights of the original release, it really starts to put this whole tour into perspective. Yes, I’ve heard great unofficial recordings from later in this tour suggesting that there may have been better performances that could have been captured and released. But the band membership did inevitably evolve as the tour progressed so it was never going to stay the same, so lets focus on what we have and not what we have not. CBS 96004 (NL for East? Germany) - detail of poster scan by Manuel García Jara (both copies - compare with UK release above) The tour launched in February 1978 with eleven historic performances: Dylan’s first-ever concerts in Japan, including eight shows at the revered Nippon Budokan Hall in Tokyo. Two of the Budokan shows — Feb. 28 and March 1, 1978 — were recorded, with 22 performances excerpted from those shows appearing on Bob Dylan At Budokan, a two-LP set first issued on Columbia Records as a Japan-only release in November 1978, followed by a global release in April 1979 in response to widespread demand. The Complete Budokan 1978 marks the first time any of Dylan’s complete performances from his 1978 world tour have been officially available.Discos CBS 138.140/141 (Brazil) -outside of gatefold sleeve, scan by Manuel García Jara (second release

Canadian album certifications – Bob Dylan – Live at Budokan". Music Canada . Retrieved March 7, 2021. It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) [Live at Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan – March 1, 1978] 6:39Discos CBS 138.140/141 (Brazil) - detail of rear of gatefold sleeve, scan by Manuel García Jara (all releases) One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later) [Live at Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan – March 1, 1978] 4:44 have matrix numbers as follows: Side 1 -01-96004- 2A-2,Side 2 -01-96004- 1B-2,Side 3 -01-96004- 3C-2,Side Columbia CDCBS 96004 (Australia) - detail of CD2, scan by Stuart Moore (first release - "2-CDCBS-96004" in inner

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop