Hands Down

Hands Down

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The master of suspense and intrigue” (Country Life) is back with the next powerful installation in the Dick Francis series, featuring Sid Halley, perfect for fans of Harlan Coben and Michael Connelly. Hands Down is the 6th mystery featuring Sid Halley, written by Felix Francis around characters originated by his late father, Dick Francis.

Sid was missing his wife and daughter, but he also felt duty bound to sort out who was doing what to rig races. However, the very next morning, the friend’s stable yard is torched, horses killed, and then the friend is found dead. Heavy with a guilty heart, Sid starts to investigate and soon finds himself embroiled in a conspiracy that cuts to the very heart of the integrity of British horse racing. Since my mother passed away over a year ago, I have been making my way through her book collection, finally. What a pleasure to find a comfy spot, tell the world to go away for awhile and settle down with the new mystery featuring Sid Halley.

Having Sid Halley back was so welcome, for the rest the author has a knack for making his characters believable and down to earth, even though you don’t know them there is a familiarity to them, you can relate to each.

However, the very next morning, Gary's stable yard is torched, horses killed, and Gary has disappeared. There are only a handful of series, however well written, which keep me coming back for more year after year. As a side plot, there is some discussion about Sid's transplanted left hand and his feelings about it, as well as some marital tension regarding that hand.I have no intention in spending anymore time in writing a review for a book I won’t be continuing- just wasn’t for me. Set against the backdrop of horse racing this one has Sid with a new arm to replace the prosthetic one. But the journey is enjoyable and I found myself once again rooting for Sid's victory in both his professional and personal life.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop