Audio-Technica AT-LP60XUSB Fully Automatic Belt-Drive USB Turntable, Gunmetal

Audio-Technica AT-LP60XUSB Fully Automatic Belt-Drive USB Turntable, Gunmetal

RRP: £249.99
Price: £124.995
£124.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. Dust cover, Felt mat, Platter (with drive belt), 45 RPM adapter, RCA audio cable (approx. 1.2 m (3.9')), AC adapter (approx. 1.5 m (4.9')) I have a highly upgraded Rega Planar 2 that cost about 10 times more than the AT-LP60XBT that I have used for this comparison.

This is an impressively high-tech feature, and one I can’t help thinking deserves a little more fanfare than a small blue light on the top of the plinth to indicate the turntable is paired. With it’s fully automatic functionality, it’s plug and play design (thanks to a built a phono preamp) and the various colors the record player comes in, the AT-LP60X is a perfect option for any beginner that values convenience in the world of vinyl. Best Selling Turntables Includes: detachable RCA output cable (3.5 mm male to dual RCA male), 45 RPM adapter, and removable hinged dust coverBut I think the AT-LP60X looks quite nice. Most people would probably guess that I have paid more for it than I actually have. This affordable, easy-to-use turntable plays both 33 and 45 RPM records and with its built-in switchable phono preamp, can be connected directly into your home stereo, active bookshelf speakers or other speaker system without needing any additional equipment.

What’s nice, too, is that Audio-Technica gives you the option to be able to play this turntable via a wired or wireless connection. So, on the days where maybe the bluetooth signal isn’t working, or maybe your entire Internet connection is down, you can still listen to you records by connecting your turntable directly to an amplifier or powered speakers. But, if you’re just an extremely casual vinyl fan, or you’re just wanting to dip your toe in the vinyl waters, the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X turntable is a fantastic deal. If you want something cheaper, then the Edifier R1280DB is a great option. They won’t sound as good as the two more expensive recommendations above, but they are the best budget powered speakers that I know of. There’s a good sense of that naturalistic way with timing, rhythm and tempo that vinyl is so acclaimed for, especially once I switched to the more human sounds of Al Green’s Full of Fire. There wasn’t quite the low-end punch the song demands, but bass presence was well judged and, unlike with quite a few budget-conscious record players, it didn’t sound at odds with the information above it. The mid-range-forward emphasis worked nicely here, too –who doesn’t want Al Green to be at the front of the stage? We don’t get audiophile sound from the AT-LP60X. But we get very good sound for the price. Impressively good sound for the price, I will say.

In This Article

The AT-LP60XBT is the Bluetooth version. It includes Bluetooth functionality which makes it possible to connect it wirelessly to receivers, powered speakers or headphones that are Bluetooth compatible. It can also be connected with a signal cable, just as the standard version. Moving to a dedicated phono stage offers a nice upgrade path. With a Cambridge Audio Duo connected, the bass firmed up and the upper registers came into a clearer focus. I haven't heard the Schitt Mani but it doesn't seem unreasonable to spend the same as the Audio-Technica again on a good phono preamp -- especially when the AT already gives you so much turntable for so little. Easy like Sunday morning But what’s great is that Audio-Technica gives you the option to either use its built in phono preamp, or to bypass it and use (for example) an audio component like an integrated amplifier’s very own RIAA phono input.

The AT-LP60X is Audio-Technica’s entry-level turntable in its latest iteration. Before it was upgraded in 2019, its model description didn’t include the X at the end. Before 2019 it was sold as the AT-LP60. Dust cover, Felt mat, Platter (with drive belt), 45 RPM adapter, RCA audio cable (approx. 1.2 m (3.9')), USB cable (approx. 1.9 m (6.2')), AC adapter (approx. 1.5 m (4.9')) However, the Audio-Technica’s real party-piece, though, is its ability to connect wirelessly to your system, smart speaker or similar. And the most significant upgrade here over the old AT-LP60BT is the appearance of aptX Bluetooth standard wireless streaming – hence the “X” in the model name. Being able to stream at this kind of standard is an obvious plus-point – as long as the Audio-Technica is doing its analogue-to-digital conversion effectively, of course.Mind you, I’d expect some prospective customers will be encouraged by how compact the Audio-Technica is – its tidy dimensions make it a lot less obtrusive than some more sturdy designs. And the mild updating of its appearance over the outgoing AT-LP60BT makes it look marginally more upmarket, too. The Audio-Technica AT-LP60X is the cheapest turntable that I own. But it is probably the one that offers the highest value for money. Another small but improved visual detail that I like is how the dust cover meets the top of the turntable. On the LP60, the dustcover came down onto the turntable and meet the record player’s edges with little room for margin.

If you have a pair of active speakers, like the excellent Klipsch R-15PM, or a tabletop speaker with an auxiliary input like the Google Home Max, then the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X can really help complete your system. It will also pair well with a more contentional AV system for the occasional wind-down session, perhaps with a snifter of port. It's a really flexible and easy-to-live-with turntable.

Push the button 

If you set the switch to PHONO, you will need to use the PHONO input on a receiver or powered speakers with a preamp built-in. In this setting, the preamp that is built into the AT-LP60X will be bypassed.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop