Film Theory: An Introduction

Film Theory: An Introduction

RRP: £29.95
Price: £14.975
£14.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The other thing I found appealing about this book was the inclusion of some of the theories of Mikhail Bakhtin, my favorite literary critic. Mobilizing Fictions: The Gulf War, the Media and the Recruitment of the Spectator," Public Culture Vol. Para mim, o grande diferencial do livro é que a cada capítulo e teoria, o Stam primeiro apresenta sua principal ideia, faz você achar ela brilhante, para logo em seguida mostrar as críticas a ela, fazer você pensar que as críticas tem razão, e aí ao fim ele também se posiciona sobre o assunto.

In 2002, he was named “University Professor” at New York University, the institutions highest honor. Stam has published widely on French literature, comparative literature, and on film topics such as film history and film theory. Stam has authored, co-authored and edited some seventeen books on film and cultural theory, literature and film, national cinema (French and Brazilian), aesthetic and politics, intellectual history, and comparative race studies and postcolonial studies. I picked this book up at the campus library because I've recently become quite interested in silent cinema and this book has several brief sections on it, including a quick summary of the theories of folks like Jean Epstein and Sergei Eisenstein. It is suitable for students from any discipline but is particularly aimed at students studying film and literature as it examines issues common to both subjects such as realism, illusionism, narration, point of view, style, semiotics, psychoanalysis and multiculturalism.

Stam has also been a major figure within the “transtextual turn” in adaptation and intertextuality studies. Francois Truffaut and Friends: Modernism, Sexuality, and Adaptation (Rutgers, 2006), meanwhile, explored the “transtextual diaspora” generated by a highly literary ménage-a-trois in the 1920s that led to the books and published journals of Henri-Pierre Roche, Franz Hessel and Helen Hessel, as well as three films by Truffaut based on the life and work of Roche ( Jules and Jim, Two Englishwomen, and The Man Who Loved Women). Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libelous.

Transnationalizing Comparison: The Uses and Abuses of Cross-Cultural Analogy," co-written with Ella Shohat. A remarkable synthesis, recommended to anyone who wants to understand the questions and debates that have animated film theory in the twentieth century. At times Stam's summaries of other people's critical stances and theories was helpful (especially when so often you have to read confusing translations of the originals) but usually I would have preferred just an anthology of theory and the original articles rather than Stam's interpretations and opinions. Stam finnur fyrir þvílíkri þörf til þess að flexa sífellt í átt að lesandanum um hvað hann veit mikið um heimspeki.Kui enda filmiteoreetiline pagas veel hõre on, siis vōib tekst vahel täitsa tuumafüüsikaks muutuda, aga kel huvi, sel vastupidavust.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop