Sony Official PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller (PS2)

£11.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £22.99
Price: £11.495
£11.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Unfortunately, Sony never released an official PS3 to PS1 or PS2 adapter. This meant for years you really didn’t have the choice if you wanted to control your older Sony consoles wirelessly. Thankfully, there’s an extremely affordable dongle available now that makes pairing a PS3 controller with PS1 or PS3 a snap. So, you want to break out your PlayStation 1 or PlayStation 2 for some retro gaming goodness, but wish to keep some of the modern conveniences we take for granted. Using wireless controllers on PS1 and PS2 doesn’t have to be a hassle, but there are a few ways to go about it. We’ve detailed the two best ways we’ve found to bring wireless controllers to the PS1 and PS2 below. Best Wireless Controller for PS1 and PS2: Use PS3 controller on PS1 and PS2 Nintendo's Switch Pro controller works automatically after you connect it via Bluetooth on Windows and macOS, but you'll have to set it up in Steam to use in games. Most controllers intended to be used on PCs, like USB Logitech controllers, will be HID-compliant devices and support the XInput or DirectInput protocol, which you can use in most games. Some may work out of the box and others may need a custom driver. For console controllers, especially older ones, you may need a hardware adapter if it doesn't plug into USB, as Bluetooth support is hit or miss. With the Brook adapter, you get the benefit of actually getting to use original Sony controllers. When you go full third-party for the controller and adapter, though, it’s the wild west. You’ll find widely varying quality and reliability among the enormous amount of third-party wireless PS2 controllers.

Wireless Buzz! Buzzers - PlayStation 2, PS2 official peripheral". Uk.playstation.com. 2009-07-21 . Retrieved 2012-03-27.a b c "Logitech Cordless Controller | PlayStation®2 System - PlayStation.com". Us.playstation.com. 2011-11-18 . Retrieved 2012-03-27. For the retro purist, the ideal way to play via an emulator is with a system’s original controller. Fortunately, there are some low-cost adapters available that can make that possible. Mayflash offers adapters that allow you to connect your SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2, and Saturn controllers to your PC via USB. For the most part, these work just like using an Xbox One controller and can be easily configured across emulators. Is this an option? I'm a pretty new PC gamer and currently do all my gaming with a keyboard mouse combo, but I wanted to play Lego Marvel Heroes with my 5 year old, and was hoping to let him use a controller. I dont have the ability to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my pc, but I did find an old adaptor to use a PS2 controller. I havent been able to get it working yet, but I wondered if it was just obsolete? Buzz! Buzzers - PlayStation 2, PS2 official peripheral". Uk.playstation.com. 2009-07-21 . Retrieved 2012-03-27. Wireless SingStar Microphones - PlayStation 2, PS2 official peripheral". Uk.playstation.com. 2009-07-21 . Retrieved 2012-03-27.

The PlayStation 2 remains a big deal, and nothing expresses that ongoing fondness as much as the range of wireless PS2 controllers that are still readily available in the 2020s. There are two different models of the DVD remote control that were released, which had minor differences. The first one to be released is the SCPH-10150 (some are labeled as SCPH-10170, 10171 or 97042 [8]). The second, SCPH-10420U/97076, [9] is visually and functionally identical apart from the addition of eject and reset/power buttons. The eject button only works on SCPH-100xx to SCPH-500xx PS2 models, as the slimline PS2 models had no motorized disc tray to eject. You'll need an adapter of course, but Windows and Mac should be supported by default through HID. Support may vary though depending on the adapter you get. You can get an official one, but the Mayflash adapter seems to work fine for half the price. This adapter has a switch so you can use it on PC as well as console, which will turn it into an HID device rather than a proprietary console only one. Dolphin can communicate with it directly, though, and will support the Wii U mode, which can fix some bugs with the additional ports.

Runner-Up Wireless Controller for PS1 and PS2: Buy a third-party controller

On certain PS2 Games that are dance pad compatible allows the player to follow alongside on the game actions as the player must perform, they are usually found on games such as, Dance Dance Revolution games. While the wireless PS2 controller from Funcilit is a little pricier than the controller we discussed above, many PS2 fans claim this is the best one of anything currently available. It has the heft of a PS2 controller, and this is combined with a level of ease-of-use that makes this another exceptional plug and play peripheral. If you’re looking for a PS2 wireless controller that brings together function with optimal comfort, this release from Funcilit should be one of your first considerations. The 3.5mm Audio Stereo Y Splitter can transfer audio from the PlayStation 2 into two output devices, including headphones, headset, and speakers. a b "SEGA Saturn Controller Coming to PS2". IGN. 5 May 2005. Archived from the original on March 10, 2012 . Retrieved 15 September 2010. Scott, J.F. (2003). "Nano-Ferroelectrics". In Tsakalakos, Thomas; Ovid'ko, Ilya A.; Vasudevan, Asuri K. (eds.). Nanostructures: Synthesis, Functional Properties and Application. Springer Science & Business Media. pp.583-600 (584-5, 597). ISBN 9789400710191.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop