Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Feelings aren’t a choice. We don’t choose how we feel. The only choice we have is weather or not to tell someone about it” Joe Tracini has a fairly brilliant way of storytelling and sharing a conversation about mental health. I prefer audiobooks these days and this one was better heard than read. A Bunch of Lies about My Personal Life and a Bunch of True Stories about My 30-Year Career in Standup Comedy

Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini | Waterstones Ten Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini | Waterstones

Part of my job is working with children who have suicidal ideation, self harm which affects their mental health. Addiction is a cruel. Your words gave me some clarity on how I might approach a situation differently. Hollyoaks confirms truly mind-blowing twist as Peri Lomax and Romeo Nightingale’s huge secret revealedIt is fantastic to know that Joe has overcome some of the things he has, and no doubt this book will help many people. However, although he explains his mental health and BPD well, I found it hard to relate to many of the points, and because of this, some parts felt not relevant or repetitive. I have been aware of Joe Tracini for some time, as I was a huge fan of Joe Pasquale growing up, and so saw Tracini involved with some of Pasquales entertainment shoes. I specifically remember him singing a rendition of 'Bojangles' in a show. A truly extraordinary book. Brave, beautiful and brilliant. Heartbreaking, harrowing and frequently hilarious. Joe Tracini travels to the horrible heart of his abominable illness and unflinchingly examines the misery it has heaped upon him and everyone around him. Incredibly, he emerges from the darkness with a timeless tale of love, hope and redemption that will be of immeasurable help to people facing the most destructive demons and, crucially, everyone who loves them. Please read this book. It will make the world a better place * James O'Brien * Plenty of Joe’s videos discussing mental health and his BPD have gone viral and resonated with many.

Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini - Audiobook Ten Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini - Audiobook

I'm a big fan of Joe Tracini, so I was keen to read this book as soon as it was released. It was an enjoyable and interesting book. Joe's likability and humour that you can see on TV come across in the book, and I enjoyed the autobiographical element of hearing about Joe's life. Nicest man in showbiz". Cornish Guardian. Northcliffe Media. 21 July 2011. Archived from the original on 7 October 2012 . Retrieved 13 August 2011. There’s no better way to put it for me. Has someone who recently got diagnosed, I’m not at a stage where I’ve completely accepted it, but this book helped a lot. And you should really be more open about how you feel, and I’m sure you, just like me, have a lot of people that really care about you Joe is many things. He is an excellent author, actor, and storyteller. But through this book, Joe is also an incredible advocate for those struggling with addiction and/or their mental health. One of the most important thing he does for us through his book, is normalize talking about suicide, a topic so taboo that those struggling with suicidal ideations often don’t seek help because of it.Hollyoaks star, mental health campaigner and all-round legend Joe Tracini has announced he’s written a book titled ‘Ten Things I Hate About Me’. I didn't know anything about BPD till I watched Joe's videos. He has a very dark side and a very funny side of himself. He tries to explain what your life is like when you essentially have a brain that's trying to kill you every day.' - Davina McCall Cinderella, The Hawth Theatre, Crawley, until Jan 3". The Argus. 14 December 2009 . Retrieved 17 April 2015. Ultimately, this is a story of hope and encouragement, telling us that no matter how hopeless life might seem, if we just wait for maybe as little as a few minutes, things will get better. It is never complacent, though, it doesn't pontificate, and it certainly doesn't make light of any of the major issues and topics it touches.

Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini | Hachette UK Ten Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini | Hachette UK

But I had run out of options. I’d done everything I ‘d been told to do and I still thought about killing myself every day. So I wrote this book to save my life. My daughter has BPD, thankfully been in therapy specifically for it since 16. She has not self harmed in almost 600 days now and I could not be prouder. I laughed and cried my way through this book and ultimately I now feel a little bit more confident that I won't actually k*ll myself. The book is a difficult read and Joe talks through his life from one sh*tty moment to the next but he's made me feel less alone in my struggles and by far he's given the most practical and actionable advice on preventing su!c!de I've ever heard. This is because he recognises the difference between living with su!c!dal thoughts on a daily basis as opposed to the less nuanced, more reactionary portrayal and understanding of su!c!de that currently pervades media.Writing this book has been the hardest thing I've ever done. It had to be dragged into the world, with my condition telling me that every single word, sentence and chapter was terrible and would make strangers walk up to me in the street and punch me in the face. That being said, I can honestly say, that this is one of the most raw and honest books I have ever read. To see Joes life, soul and mistakes laid out on paper really takes willpower and strength. For me, the reason that I think this book is so impacting and moving is because he doesn’t write this out of a place of being ‘fixed’ or better’ but, as he says a number of time, he’s still broken and willing to give us an insight into that brokenness. The thing that I think I liked most (if that’s that right word to use) is making people see that just because you’ve been fixed once, it’s okay to break against, it’s not a once fixed always fixed kind of illness. You have to buy this book. I mean it. It's very funny and sad and utterly true. It's a life-saver. And Joe Tracini is a magician. He wins in the end. And so will you * Miriam Margolyes * Coming of Age', 'How Not To Live' axed by BBC Three". Digital Spy. 27 May 2011 . Retrieved 17 April 2015. It is clear that as much as Joe delights most of us, he very rarely feels that way about himself, due to his diagnosis of BPD and his constant war with a mental health condition that is trying to kill him by getting him to kill himself.

Ten Things I Hate About Me by Joe Tracini | Waterstones

He tries to explain what your life is like when you essentially have a brain that's trying to kill you every day.' Review: Cinderella, York Barbican, until December 30". The Press (York). 26 December 2012 . Retrieved 8 June 2015. This book is incredibly honest, and I know it cannot have been easy to write. But it is so beneficial and I know that this book will save many people's lives. The book is a real rollercoaster ride of emotions, echoing the life of Tracini himself. Thank you Joe for exposing yourself, not like that for gawd sakes. For talking about the shitty time your head gives you. Joe Tracini (born Joe James Pasquale; 19 July 1988) is an English actor, presenter and author. He appeared in the role of Dennis Savage in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks. [1] His previous TV acting credits have included the BBC Three comedy series Coming of Age and the Boomerang children's sitcom My Spy Family. His theatre credits include Spamalot, starring in the role of Patsy during a touring version of the production in 2015. [2] In 2022, he published his first book, Ten Things I Hate About Me. [3] Early life [ edit ]But if there is even the smallest chance that me telling you how I live with me helps you live with you; if it opens up a space for someone, somewhere to be more honest about their mental illness, it will have been worth it. We both decided your book would be great to give people,to help them understand what it’s like to be her. Cinderella is a record breaker for Wolverhampton's Grand Theatre". Express & Star. 4 December 2014 . Retrieved 8 June 2015. Hating me is a symptom of the symptoms. It’s no excuse, doesn’t make it right. But I believe the 9 symptoms of BPD are actually the 9 symptoms of life. You’re not alone when you feel alone, if you’re anxious, staring at your phone…

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop