INTO THE WILDERNESS (The Wilderness Series Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you are one of those readers who attempted ‘Outlander’ but weren’t patient enough to trudge through the slow start, then ‘Into the Wilderness’ is probably more your pace. I appreciate the attention to detail but without the characters engaging me it became an almost tedious read. And the thing is, I disliked that book, so the surest way to get me to never read a book was to compare it to "Outlander.

Whether you're a newcomer to OUTLANDER or you've been reading the books for 30+ years, one thing we all have in common is our love for these books and characters and this amazing story that Diana Gabaldon has created. This is set in the New York frontier in 1793, dealing with the twenty-nine-year-old Elizabeth Middleton. Her canvas isn't as broad as Gabaldon's but I enjoyed the intimate portrayals of gentle characters (and some less gentle) from all peoples represented.

There was one part of about 3 hours where they were actually in the wilderness that was interesting, but on a whole that wasn't enough to save it. Even when the second-half of the book turns more inward and sets up the racist townsfolk as the new threat to the Bonner clan, I never really found that to be a substantial plot. Nathaniel reluctantly leaves Hidden Wolf Mountain to set out for the distant city, determined to see his father freed.

I'm a big Outlander fan, and while I feel her most recent books are somewhat self-indulgent and episodic, I still like them. Como reseña, la verdad, no sé muy bien qué decir que pueda traspasar lo maravilloso que es este libro. Into the Wilderness provides a unique interpretation of sin as a basic self-absorption that grips every human being and is the source of unhappiness.

While Gabaldon's main character, Clair, is comprehensible in her moods, Donati's Elizabeth is an embarrassingly cliché example of female irrationality. From there the central focus of the book is on the Romeo and Juliet romance between Nathaniel and Elizabeth – a white woman and an adopted Indian. Their appearance solidified my decision on the book reminding me (painfully) of everything Donati's characters weren't: interesting, compelling, complicated, and imperfect.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop