The Heavenly Man: The remarkable true story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun

The Heavenly Man: The remarkable true story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Any vision or dream we receive needs to be carefully weighed against the Scriptures, as nothing from God will ever contradict his Word." (P. 117) Firstly, let me say that it is a good thing for the Body of Christ to be wary of charlatans, deceivers, and heretics. In fact, the Bible exhorts us to do so, and such perversions are one of the signs that we live in the end times (see Matt. 24:4-5 for example). If Brother Yun was guilty of even a fraction of the terrible things being said about him, then it would be a duty to warn others about him. However, the Bible also clearly lays out the way people should go about discovering if a person is in error or a danger to others. If these principles are not adhered to, then all someone has to do to destroy another's reputation is to make up some lies and pass them on. There are usually enough gossipers around to ensure such lies will get wide circulation.

A portion of these Gnostic teachings, when combined with Persian and old Babylonian mythology, furnished Manes, or Mani, with his particular doctrine of the original man. He even retains the Jewish designations "Insan Kadim" (= ) and "Iblis Kadim" (= ), as may be seen in the Fihrist. But, according to Manes, the original man is fundamentally distinct from the first father of the human race. He is a creation of the King of Light, and is therefore endowed with five elements of the kingdom of light; whereas Adam really owes his existence to the kingdom of darkness, and only escapes belonging altogether to the number of demons through the fact that he bears the likeness of the original man in the elements of light concentered in him. The Gnostic doctrine of the identity of Adam, as the original man, with the Messiah appears in Manes in his teaching of the "Redeeming Christ," who has His abode in the sun and moon, but is (as Kessler, in Herzog's "Realencyclopädie für Protestant. Theologie," 2 ed. ix. 247, has pointed out) identical with the original man. It also appears in this theory that Adam was the first of the sevenfold series of true prophets, comprising Adam, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Zoroaster, Buddha, and Jesus. The stepping-stone from the Gnostic original man to Manicheism was probably the older Mandæan conception, which may have exercised great influence. Of this conception, however, there remains in the later Mandæan writings little more than the expression "Gabra Ḳadmaya" (=Adam Ḳadmon; Kolasta, i. 11). Mohammedan Sects. In recent years soldiers fighting in Iraq have used a new expression to describe the very worst kind of way to die or be injured in battle. They explain that if they were killed or wounded by an enemy bullet they would consider it a great honor, but the worst insult they could experience is to be wounded by 'friendly fire'. It is a terrible feeling to be shot by fellow soldiers whom you thought were on the same side! It seems to be a fact that many of the great heroes of the faith burned with as fierce a hatred toward those they perceived to be the enemies of God, as they were inflamed with love for God." Like the man of dust, so are those who are of the dust; like the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven.

The Wonder and the Mystery of ‘The Incarnate Deity’

yun's story (which is completely true) shows what surrendering our lives to Christ looks like. it's a clear picture of what living selflessly looks like, what being willing to go where your sent by God looks like and what trusting Him in unbearable circumstances looks like. Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust, and like the one from heaven, so too those who are heavenly.

Seibel, Alexander, Rezension der Himmelsbürger (in German) , and overview of the claims of the 'Heavenly Man'. What the earthy one is, that also are those who are earthy; and what the heavenly One is, that also are those who are heavenly. As was the earthly one, so also are the earthly, and as is the heavenly one, so also are the heavenly. Brother Yun no longer lives in China, but he continues to face opposition", Charisma Magazine (cover story), April 2007 . I don't expect to write anything else on this matter, as I feel I have pretty much said all that needs to be said. People are free to either accept it or not.In closing, Dennis Balcombe has written the following endorsement of Brother Yun, the sentiments of which are echoed by countless other people who have come to love and respect Yun as a genuine, God-fearing man who loves Jesus with all his heart: "I have known Brother Yun very well since the early 1980's, long before he was known in the West. I have seen closely his ministry, travelled with him on many occasions throughout China, know his family and the testimony he has among other Chinese evangelists. I have also been with him as he ministered in Europe and have heard countless reports from around the world given by many who have been greatly blessed and ministered to by him. He has my total support as a man of God with high integrity, who has in the past and is presently making a great contribution to the kingdom of God." Just as he who was a being of dust, so also is that which is of the dust, and just as he who is The Being from Heaven, so also is the Heavenly.

Zwartz, Barney (10 April 2004). "Going global with God". The Age. Melbourne . Retrieved 3 March 2009. This book will forever nag me when I complain. What I endure as "hardship," no matter how severe it may be will pale to what this man, and literally millions of others around the world endure daily in the form of persecution for what they believe. If anyone has any questions about my story, or any other enquiry, I am very willing to meet either publicly or privately and answer any questions that anybody may have. I have a problem with the 'prosperity' teaching prevalent today, which tells us if we follow the Lord we'll be safe and comfortable. This is completely contrary to Scripture as well as to our experiences in China." (p. 232) I found it a very challenging read, written by a man whose experience is completely different from mine as a doctor in England. How can I relate to someone who has experienced prolonged prison and torture, who has seen many miracles and prayed and fasted for longer than our Lord himself? I cannot. However, much of the Bible is beyond my understanding although I am constantly challenged and helped by it. Maybe that is the way to view this book, like a mighty mountain of faith. I can climb a little way up; you may be able to get further.

You have chosen not to accept cookies

There were also several times in which his story paralleled stories in the Bible a little TOO closely. For example, he escapes from prison passing 2 or 3 guards, and then the iron gates are from some reason open. He goes to a friends house, where they are praying, and the daughter is so excited to hear his voice that she forgets to open the door. Read Acts 12:6-19... minus the angel and change the servant to a daughter and its basically the same story. And that's not the only one.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop