Midnight in the Snow: Lose Yourself in an Alpine Love Story to Thaw the Coldest Heart

£4.495
FREE Shipping

Midnight in the Snow: Lose Yourself in an Alpine Love Story to Thaw the Coldest Heart

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This story began as a seed ten years ago when Swan watched ‘The Crash Reel’ based on Kevin Pearce’s snowboarding accident while training for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

You are given slices of the story through interviews with Kit and those people in his life, simple interactions, and observations from the characters.Clover and Kit don't even spend so much time on the same pages and yet it's all so perfectly paced and just the right amount of interaction to make it believable. Previous summer titles include The Spanish Promise , The Hidden Beach and The Secret Path and for winter, Christmas at Tiffany’s , The Christmas Secret and Together by Christmas . Il filmato su Cory ha reso Clover famosa e apprezzata dal pubblico anche grazie alle mirabili doti della giovane di rendere il “personaggio” amabile, ma molti interrogativi le sono rimasti tra i pensieri e, ora che lui è morto, qualcuno dovrà rispondere alle sue domande e prendersi le sue responsabilità. The story follows the award-winning movie director Clover, who rose to fame when she filmed the documentary about Cory Allbright, a surfer whose life went downhill after an accident, because of a controversy with his rival, Kit Foley. Her childhood memories are full of Christmases, Hogmanay and summer holidays spent in the Highlands and she was married there in 2001.

Set predominately in the Austrian Alps, this really is a treat of a winter book, I could barely put it down and found myself finding reasons to reach for my kindle at all times of day and night just to read more. Clover and her team spent 2 years living with the Allbright family, leaning on each other and documenting the agonizing aftermath of the accident that left Cory, ex-pro surfer and father, irreconcilably changed.Kit is complex and I was never sure if I liked or loathed him, but like Clover it was fascinating to watch his character development and learn why he is the way he is. Clover is a talented interviewer, putting her subjects at their ease to produce compelling documentaries. Ji vyksta į Austrijos Alpes, kur bandydama prisibelsti į kietą Kito širdį praleis gražiausias metų šventes. In Midnight in the Snow the message is very much about not judging a book by it’s cover, or judge someone before you walk in their shoes. However, I would have liked a bit more time with Kit, as it's a bit silly how they could fall in love when they only spend about 1 night, a few hours on a mountain and 1 game of chess together.

The sport side of things did not interest me a bit, so the fact that I held on to it all through this story and was still entertained speaks volumes about the character relationships. The story can feel a little lacklustre at times – Clover has to try and wear Kit down, and she is a determined young woman – but comes into its own towards the end. Zu Beginn lernt man zunächst Clover und ihre Arbeit kennen und wie es dazu kam, dass sie den Film über Kit drehen möchte. Zum einen fängt es mitten in einer Preisverleihung der erfolgreichen Clover Phillips an, die für ihre Dokumentation den verletzten, gefallenen Surfers Cody einen Preis einheimst und von allen gefeiert wird.Jausmingas, jaudinantis, ir žiemiškas romanas, nukeliantis į Austrijos Alpes ir parodantis, jog nuteisti žmogų visada yra lengviausia, tad kodėl nepabandžius pažiūrėti jo akimis?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop