Hell Breaks Loose: A prequel from the Sunday Times bestselling Skulduggery Pleasant universe

£7.495
FREE Shipping

Hell Breaks Loose: A prequel from the Sunday Times bestselling Skulduggery Pleasant universe

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I will say that I loved the incorporation of time/time travel in Dead Or Alive and Sebastian Tao's story line, but was it really necessary in this book? That's not to say that the Hidden God and Strickent Abhor aren't interesting characters, and I did enjoy the moral conflict within Valkyrie over killing an innocent man to save the world, but really, another god? On a brighter note, a book this entertaining to read still shouldn't be looked down on and it still is a great read just not quite what I was hoping for.

Skulduggery Pleasant - Hell Breaks Loose (Skulduggery Skulduggery Pleasant - Hell Breaks Loose (Skulduggery

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I would've been delighted with a book about the Dead Men fighting Mevolent.Written by Irish playwright Derek Landy, Skulduggery Pleasant is a series of horror/comedy/fantasy novels following the adventures of an undead sorcerer and detective and his partner. Following the loss of Valkyrie Cain, Skulduggery Pleasant must use any and all means to track down and stop Darquesse before she turns the world into a charred, lifeless cinder, drawing together a team of soldiers, monster hunters, killers, criminals. Across a Dark Plain: 1861: (–1) The Dead Men traversed South Dakota on the hunt for their target, Nefarian Serpine. In October 2011, Derek Landy posted a Halloween special on his blog, a short story featuring Tanith Low and Billy-Ray Sanguine, titled Trick or Treat. tldr review- good first half that is tainted by proxy with a second half that feels like I've read the premise better in fanfiction.

Hell Breaks Loose (Skulduggery Pleasant) by Derek Landy Hell Breaks Loose (Skulduggery Pleasant) by Derek Landy

It had the classic Derek Landy humour in here, I found almost all of the dialogue to be hilarious and it made me laugh out loud on a couple of occasions. With the help of Skulduggery, Valkyrie wants to stop evil forces threatening the world, but also find justice for her uncle’s death. Back at the inn, they meet Meritorious who introduces the Masked Sisters and followers of the Lady of Darkness, Sister Rapture, Sister Zeal and Sister Stone. All of the characters I know of and love were in here which made it a really enjoyable and nostalgic read indeed.The first book of the third series will be Skulduggery Pleasant: A Mind Full of Murder and will be published on 28 March 2024.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop