The Breakers Series: Books 1-3

The Breakers Series: Books 1-3

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For the above reasons I would recommend this book only with reservations. I’m glad I read it, but I think it would be an even more powerful book had it been condensed and edited. Another important factor to consider is the ability for germline editing to further erode equality of opportunity within society. Could the expense of the technology, and differing regulatory standards in certain countries lead to genetic tourism? If you have the money, just travel to one of the countries that offer the procedure and design your genetically modified little human. How could any governing body or judicial system possibly regulate such a thing? I have loved all the three books that I was fortunate enough to read by Walter Issacson from Einstein, The Innovators, to Steve Job, this author was able to enthrall me with the main topics he chose to share and write of. However, sad to say, his new book on Jennifer Doudna entitled The Code Breaker really left me feeling disappointed and let down. Wondering why this was, I will preface this that there was a huge amount of science, very technical science which did bog down the story. Now, I do realize the importance of this science particularly as we are combating a pandemic, but at times I felt the author tried to immerse himself inferring how smart he was to truly understand and compete with these scientists and researchers. I certainly am not saying that Issacson is not a brilliant man, but his repetition of sections of the tale often made for that horrid sense of boredom to set in.

The Breakers, Newport, Newport, Rhode Island - Book Tickets The Breakers, Newport, Newport, Rhode Island - Book Tickets

This was a buddy read with my friend Marialyce, and while we both had reservations with the way the story was told, it inspired many thoughtful discussions. Well, what can I say about this book? I am feeling intensely emotioanl about this one and obviously, I would give it A Thousand Stars! Apart from Atul Gawande's "Being Mortal", this is another best-read for me in 2021! Such a brilliant, marvellous piece on CRISPR, its application in genome editing, diagnosing & curing diseases, and how it can be used to fight coronavirus. And most importantly, the star of this book is Jennifer Doudna - the Wonder Woman in science. The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race (2021) is not your traditional biography. It’s also a history of the biotech field, the people driving it forward, a COVID-19 story, and a love letter to science and curiosity. The multifaceted focus of The Code Breaker may turn some people off to the book because it doesn’t conform to the standard model for a biography, e.g. an examination of one person’s life story and a litany of their achievements. That only makes me enjoy the book even more.

He Jiankui was convicted and sentenced to prison for three years for violating a government ban on doing homespun experiments on human embryos.

The Code Breaker - Wikipedia The Code Breaker - Wikipedia

M-a mai impresionat cata sustinere are cercetarea in SUA. Desi stiam, am descoperit ca este mult mai substantiala decat presupuneam. It's a long story, where a plethora of scientists, doctoral students, post-doctoral candidates, engineers and so forth are presented and it's not that I think these men and women do not deserve their moments, but it tended to cloudy up the telling. I am glad to have finished all the four genius-&-geek biographies from Isaacson: da Vinci, Einstein, Steve Jobs, and finally Jennifer Doudna. Being a long time fan of his work, nothing could give me such pleasure. This book has been very timely - following Jennifer and Emmanuelle's 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry in last October.CRISPR (pronounced crisper) is an acronym for: clustered (C) regularly (R) interspaced (I) short (S) palindromic (P) repeats (R). Absolutely fascinating biography of a great scientist in a field that has made tremendous progress in recent years - much thanks to Jennifer Doudna. I am ashamed to say that I didn’t even know she had won the Nobel Prize for her discoveries in biochemistry and gene editing. Cas9 enzymes together with CRISPR sequences form the basis of a technology known as CRISPR-Cas9 used to edit genes within living organisms. November 17 – December 30, 2023 Admission at 4 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm and 6 pm. Gates close at 6:30 pm. House & grounds close at 8 pm An mRNA vaccine uses mRNA to stimulate the previously mentioned CRISPER based processes that ‘seek and destroy’ the alien virus DNA sequences.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop