Oh the weather outside is frightful But the fire is so delightful And since we’ve no place to go Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow: This large ... use it. Perfect as a gift (Blank Christmas)

£2.31
FREE Shipping

Oh the weather outside is frightful But the fire is so delightful And since we’ve no place to go Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow: This large ... use it. Perfect as a gift (Blank Christmas)

RRP: £4.62
Price: £2.31
£2.31 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

CJ and Hannah had survived a plane crash together several months before this story opens. Hannah is a nursing student who has mainly recovered from her injuries. CJ was more seriously hurt and is recovering at his family's home, several hours away. They keep in touch by playing an online game. Two of their former coworkers are to be married so that presents the perfect opportunity for them to get together. The only problem is that CJ doesn't want to go. His injuries and slow recovery, plus not knowing what he can do with his life now, have soured his attitude. Hannah goes to get him and doesn't take "no" for an answer. On the way to the wedding, they are caught in a blizzard. It was fun to discover that I had previously met CJ, as a young boy in the Noble Legacy series, and to be reacquainted with some of his relatives. It would be nice to meet CJ and Hannah in another future book to discover where they went from here. During these tumultuous times, I take comfort in the few constancies available to me -- like being able to count on Susan May Warren to mercilessly torture her characters (and me) even during the holiday season. :-) Heart warming Christmas fare? Definitely not! There are so many 'yikes' and 'ouch' and oh 'nooooooo' moments that I continually embarrassed myself as I listened to the audible version of Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful on my neighbourhood walks. My tormented gasps and harried squeals got the attention of passersby who thought I'd injured myself somehow. (I have a disability and walk with either Nordic Poles or a walker so their concern was logical...and kinda sweet.) I kept having to explain that my pain went much deeper than bone and muscle, that it was my heart in peril thanks to the cunning imagination of one very cagey author. :-) I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

I felt like this edition gave me a real understanding of the way CJ and Hannah bonded during their time as smoke jumpers, as well as an even deeper look into the thoughts of these two characters. They both developed feelings for each other as time progressed, yet throughout the various parts of the story, CJ and Hannah battled tremendous doubts. Whether it was doubting their personal worthiness or whether the other could have any feelings for them, there was great emotional turmoil! Cahn and Styne’s song is so iconic that it can be interpreted in a variety of styles. Among the different takes are those by Kate Rusby (folk), Louie Bellson (jazz), Aaron Neville (soul), Randy Travis (country), Twisted Sister (heavy metal), Jeremih and Chance The Rapper (hip-hop) and Michael Bublé (pop). Martin liked it so much, he re-recorded a version in 1966, as part of The Dean Martin Christmas Album. CJ St. John never dreamed his epic summer as a smokejumper would end with a harrowing plane crash and turned him into an invalid. He wouldn’t have made it through the dark night of pain and danger without brave fellow smokejumper Hannah Butcher. In fact, if he were to admit it, he probably fell in love with her that night. I'd love to hear from you! I love getting mail, especially from readers and I welcome your questions and comments. Write to me at [email protected]. And, if you're interested, sign up for my newsletter, a quarterly sneak peek into upcoming releases and projects. Thank you for your interest and support.

Carly Simon and Rod Stewart have also recorded successful versions of “Let It Snow”; Simon’s 2005 take on the song is unusual in being sung from the point of view of the host instead of the guest. It peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. Stewart, meanwhile, recorded “Let It Snow” on his 2012 album, Merry Christmas, Baby. His version reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary chart in December that same year. This was my first-ever story by Susan May Warren, and I have to say, I liked it! I should probably have read the others in her Montana Fire series prior to this, but that didn't scare me away. It was the equivalent of a cream puff. Very light, even with the struggles both main characters deal with.

When Hannah discovers that CJ plans on skipping out on their mutual friends’ wedding, she knows he’s been lying to her about his recovery—and determines to give him the same stubborn encouragement he’s given her by forcing him to attend. But when a blizzard detours them, and worse, they’re run off the road, they’ll have to face their darkest fears to survive. A Christmas story about the miracles that happen when the weather outside becomes frightful. Our family moved home from the mission field in June 2004 -- and now we live in the beautiful town I'd always dreamed of! God has amazed me anew with His provision, and blessings -- and allowed me a season when I can write full time for Him. Hannah Butcher had dreamed of being a smokejumper for years—but dreaming and doing are vastly different. During rookie camp, she would have given up if it hadn’t been for CJ St. John urging her on. She probably fell in love with him then—but especially when he held her hand and kept her calm during their terrifying survival.As I’ve come to expect from Warren, I found a beautifully penned message weaved into this wintery novella. I found her message on relying on God during a crisis edifying.

Hannah Butcher knows that without CJ St. John, she would have never survived her rookie summer. She admired him long before the crash, but lost her heart to him when he held her hand and kept her calm during their terrifying survival. I’ll be honest, I was a little surprised to meet the characters and find them spending so much time in a saloon. It just seemed off for a Christian novel but having read Warren enough, I trusted her enough to continue. In hindsight, I can say that the characters were acting appropriate for the setting and their personal beliefs. And things never got out of hand.

The many versions of Let It Snow!

CJ St. John never dreamed his epic summer as a smokejumper would end with a harrowing plane crash—one that crushed his pelvis and rendered him nearly an invalid. He wouldn’t have made it through the dark night of pain and danger without brave fellow smokejumper Hannah Butcher. In fact, if he were to admit it, he probably fell in love with her that night.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop