Archer’s Goon

Archer’s Goon

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I have this weird thing about Dianna Wynn Jones books. I know that they will be wonderful and I will love them... but I have an awful case of cover judging EVERY SINGLE TIME. drugi, treći i četvrti nivo su, međutim, fantastika u stilu Dajane Vin Džouns, što će reći atipična i komplikovana za praćenje i urnebesno duhovita i istovremeno rovari po nekim solidno ozbiljnim problemima identiteta i porodične dinamike i i i.

Fairytale elements abound, principally seven siblings (with the youngest being special) as also absent parents, and hints of other fantasies ( The Hobbit, Arthurian legends), with underground sequences hinting at mythology. Fifi reveals to Howard that she did not deliver the two thousand words as she was busy and gave them to one of Quentin's students at the college, Maisie Potter, to deliver. Howard, Awful and Fifi go to Maisie Potter's house to find out what she did with them.She tries to fob them off with excuses as to why the words were not delivered but they finally get the truth out of her: that she gave them to one of the wizard siblings, Dillian. The trio force her to take them to see Dillian. The names! Archer, Dillian, Shine, Hathaway, Torquil, Erskine, Venturus. All actual names as far as I know, though all fairly unusual. But don't they look lovely and interesting all in a row there? Overall, Archer’s Goon is a witty, fantastical tale about family and identity, the difficult choice between doing what’s right and what’s easy, and how to stop a group of magical megalomaniacs from taking over the world.Ambiguously Gay: Torquil. Has a great love for theatrical outfits (eyeliner included), shopping, and disco dancers. This trope is even more true for the TV miniseries. Riddle for the Ages: What exactly are the seven siblings and where are they from? Quentin describes them as “wizards” and Awful calls Dillian an “evil enchantress” but they never refer to themselves in such terms or use the word “magic” to describe their powers. There’s a vague implication that they might be aliens, but that’s all we’re ever going to get.

Finally, I should like to indicate how much words have an import beyond their superficial appearances, and that one should beware of McGuffins. The trouble started when Howard Sykes came home from school and found the "goon" sitting in the kitchen. He said he'd been sent by Archer. But who was Archer? It had to do with the 2,000 words that Howard's author father had failed to deliver. It soon became clear not only that Archer wanted those words, but that his wizard siblings, Hathaway, Dillian, Shine, Torquil, Erskine, and Venturus, would also go to any lengths to get them.On the contrary, the ending seems unnecessarily drastic and thoughtlessly takes out several civilians without comment. I mean, maybe Fifi didn't want to [spoiler]? It's not like anyone asked her. Also, there's an element of fat phobia, which is the second time I've noticed that from Jones; it's an unpleasant trend. Take Over the World: Most of the siblings have this as their goal as soon as they can leave the city. One day, the Sykes family are disturbed to find the intimidating Goon (Morgan Jones) in their kitchen, demanding two thousand words of gibberish that Quentin apparently owes to Archer. Magical Seventh Son: Although all the siblings are magical, the seventh son is supposed to have twice the gifts of the others. Family. It's all about family: dysfunctional, chaotic, funny, surprisingly loving and surprisingly heartless.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop