Divided City

Divided City

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

From either side the dark openings of the tenement building mawed at him. It was the beginning of May and fairly light at this time in the evening. But even so . . . Graham glanced around. The sky was densely overcast and shadows were gathering. He shouldn’t have lingered so long after football training. A variety of activities are utilised with many drama activities incorporated which support young learners to walk in the shoes of people with different viewpoints and beliefs. I mostly liked this book. It describes the story of two boys, who belong to different religions. Also they support different football teams. It would be a three for story and writing, but I think the aim of this book was to put across a message to a demographic which I am not part of, and that it does very well so I bump it up to a four. How does this work link with the range of protected characteristics that are defined by the Equality Act (2010)?

Divided City: Exploring sectarianism – Primary pack Divided City: Exploring sectarianism – Primary pack

the main characters (Joe and Graham) are two young boys who love football. they both play football and they are the two best football players of the team. Glasgow is a divided city. Catholics and Protestants; Celtic and Rangers. Stumble down the wrong street at night, and you might not find your way home again. Do we offer our learners the opportunity to explore their own life experiences in relation to sectarianism?

At that moment noise and shouting erupted behind him, and Graham knew right away that he was in trouble. This isn't a preachy novel, but if there is a message it's this: if we want to understand one another, perhaps the best way is through the young. The city, Glasgow, is what might one day unite the two sides, and enable them also to include the newcomers, the asylum seekers who have been added to the mix. A football team whose players include supporters of both the Greens and the Blues has got to be a good idea. Not Celtic or Rangers but Glasgow City. At first, I thought that Graham's character was too common, but then I realized that if it wasn't, Graham's evolution wouldn't seem so broad. However, I still think that such a marvelous book deserves better final. It is too simple and predictable. To my mind, it is so because this book is written for teenagers and in the end everybody should be happy. The main characters are young boys called Graham, a Protestant supporting Rangers. Joe, a Catholic supporting Celtic, and a young asylum seeker named Kyoul.

Divided City - Theresa Breslin

This article about a young adult novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.Graham’s legs stopped working. He was too far from the main road. Too far to run. This gang would catch him easily. Best of all are Joe and Graham. We like them both. We understand their dreams of footballing glory, and admire the way they negotiate a complicated minefield of prejudice and misunderstanding. This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. If he began to run the gang of boys would think he was running from them – might mistake him for the one they were after. His heart was hammering. He didn’t want involved in this.

Divided City - Theresa Breslin Divided City - Theresa Breslin

One of the gang ran past Graham, shoving him roughly aside. His face shone with sweat and excitement. The book is very easy to read. It has a good plot which moves along at a good pace. The book is well constructed and well written. The author uses language which is easy to understand without making the book simple and boring. A 'must read' for all teenagers and adults! Using this resource will offer learners the opportunity to explore sectarianism, the history, its impact and their own personal response.

Ocr_converted abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.20 Ocr_module_version 0.0.17 Old_pallet IA18213 Openlibrary_edition It seems that one has to treat another just like another stranger and best be on his way out. Atmosphere in which live each of them should have big influence on them. But, they become good friends, although they have different world outlook, they believe in different things, support different teams. How far as a school community do we challenge bigotry, prejudice and discrimination towards members, or presumed members, of a religious denomination? Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2020-07-20 17:03:54 Boxid IA1887815 Camera Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control) Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier Graham pressed himself against the door, glad of his skinny frame. The remainder of the gang came down the street, veering onto the pavement as they spotted him.

Divided City PDF - PDF Book Library Read Download Divided City PDF - PDF Book Library

That we can accept each other for who we are and that we can be allowed to have different views and opinions is very important. But to realise that we can we work together and be greater than the sum of us as individuals for all that is even more. urn:lcp:dividedcity0000bres:epub:7b239334-a568-4568-a773-fff5f10bbe6a Foldoutcount 0 Identifier dividedcity0000bres Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t6m133055 Invoice 1652 Isbn 0385607679 Breslin’s book is broad-minded and bold in the way it refuses to dodge the issues while at the same time trying to give as balanced a view as a writer can of the prejudice that divides friends, families and neighbours. Breslin’s book will grab a few headlines, and if it gets people thinking, especially young people, but just as importantly, adults, then it’s done some good. The fact that it’s also a great wee story is a bonus.

A powerful, gripping story about friendship, prejudice and tolerance from multi-award-winning author Theresa Breslin. Graham took his hands from his head. He stepped from the doorway onto the street. Went slowly forward to look at the huddled body lying on the ground. Beside the paper ball of his chip bag there was a puddle of liquid. Under the light of the street lamp it reflected dull red. It was seeping from below the body of the boy. Moving out towards Graham’s feet. Graham shook his head. The older boy was half out of it with drink or drugs or both. The rest of them ran on. They shouted from further down the street. Nevertheless, I was so deeply impressed by this book, because it was written brilliantly. Of course, I admired the football match descriptions and the teenagers' dreams of them playing in the World Cup final. Of course, I was nearly interested in asylum seekers problem, because this is urgent problem nowadays. I cannot dislike the book, which keeps so precise and true descriptions and thoughts about my favourite game - football. The dialogs about it are brilliand, because they are very logical and they are written very competent, even though the author is a woman. It doesn`t prevent me from comprehension, that one of the tasks of penetration of this theme into the book is to make it attractive for such readers-fans as I and to focus through the football theme on other themes, opened in this book.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop