Managing Expectations: A Memoir in Essays

Managing Expectations: A Memoir in Essays

RRP: £24.06
Price: £12.03
£12.03 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Many people know you as an actress, musician, and also as a podcast host. But how did you know you were a writer?

A dazzling 'tell-most' memoir: poignant and laugh-out-loud funny scenes from the life of actor Minnie Driver.

See you soon

This celebrity's guardedness and walls are way up as we learn very little about Minnie Driver in a disappointing autobiography that only gives glimpses of her life story. There are just 5 or 6 real stories within, the rest of it being small thoughts about different times of her life with few specifics and huge gaps in her timeline. And if you're looking for any insights into her film or TV work you'll find none here because she says nothing about her work on sets and skips most of her productions. Minnie Driver is smart —unflinchingly honest— has the greatest hair- smile - face -stature - with one of the world’s greatest voices.

A charming, poignant, and mesmerizing memoir in essays from beloved actor and natural-born storyteller Minnie Driver, chronicling the way life works out even when it doesn’t. We stay encircled by each other’s arms, a closed loop of comfort. No one tells you how birth and death are so closely aligned. Here, lying in the dark, I see it. Pain, a journey that goes towards only one thing, and the deep need to have someone with you to hold onto. There’s an essay in your book where you write about the summer after you graduated from drama school, and you weren’t really able to find work as an actress, but you did spend a lot of time going to raves in fields. What’s the last concert you attended? Women sit on the edge with their legs dangling in the water while their children scream mom! Watch this! and then proceed to perform no particular feat beyond splashing around, illustrating some thing I have always known which is that 90% of good parenting is bearing witness.

When I look at my life from the alleged halfway point, some patterns are revealed: one, that the story does not necessarily begin or end where it should; two, happy endings are overrated. And three, happy endings are almost never the end.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop