Casio Men's AE-1300WH-8AVCF Illuminator Digital Display Quartz Black Watch, Black, Digital,Quartz Movement

£14.8
FREE Shipping

Casio Men's AE-1300WH-8AVCF Illuminator Digital Display Quartz Black Watch, Black, Digital,Quartz Movement

RRP: £29.60
Price: £14.8
£14.8 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

One uncommon and thoughtful feature is the series of bumps on the underside that catch the one floating keeper, creating detents that prevent it from slipping down to the buckle or off of the tail. For the AE-1200 model, I felt that the display of the day of the week was somewhat less readable and also, found the analog display to be a waste of space(world map didn't seem to be of much use either). This watch will accept standard 16mm Casio adapters and can have a Nato or Zulu straps installed no problem. I was pleased to see how the guards around the buttons are so clearly defined, but that plastic mold parting line around the mid-case is pretty awful.

CASIO INDIA AE-1300WH-4AV | CASIO INDIA

It's really hard, especially when considering the G-shock series coz almost all of the cool looking G-shocks are too big for my wrist so I can't get any of the cool ones out there. The crystal is acrylic which means scratches can be polished out easily with PolyWatch (or in a pinch, toothpaste). You can’t get around the stuff printed on the body, but there are differences in the way the various models display the dial text.I looked at those tiny little beggers just aching to fly away into oblivion; then I looked at what Kranio charges. A gentle pry at the metal retaining flanges with a jeweler’s screwdriver is all it takes to liberate the movement – well, not a “movement” really as there are no moving parts.

Casio AE-1200WH is the Best Watch Ever Made* - Royale The Casio AE-1200WH is the Best Watch Ever Made* - Royale

These are Casio's so the wasted space with "eye candy"-world maps and blinking circles are kind of what they do.The space between the springbars and the case is pretty tight, so a thin NATO will probably work best. Of course, for as crazy as that sounds, you have to remember that the Casio AE1200 retails for peanuts, so if I find something else that might be fun to throw at it, I’d be a fool not to.

Casio AE1200 Part 2: Simple Mods and Vario Straps Casio AE1200 Part 2: Simple Mods and Vario Straps

Parts that don’t bend like the area between the lugs and the tip of the tail stay dark, creating a neat, two-tone effect. In Part the First, I introduced this digital gem that far exceeded my expectations for one so cheap. Some offer functionality that even G-shocks don't usually have (or not any more have), such as the ability to set second increment for the timer.I hate plastic straps and was prepared to throw it away without a second thought, but I have to confess, this one is remarkably well designed. The three circular shaped chronographs doesn't seem to be of much use either, other than a fancy look.

Nuclear Royale - CasiMods® Nuclear Royale - CasiMods®

The strap is 18mm at the lugs and buckle, but it’s flared to 24mm below the spring bar, so it fills the head right to the outer edges of the lugs. I did find the presence of multiple timers in 1300 to be a plus point since we wouldn't have to go to the settings and change the timer interval each time.

All said and done, I do like the watch better without those extraneous words, and once reassembled, it was hard to notice the sections I rubbed smooth, but this whole exercise strikes me as high effort, low reward. My first instinct was to put it on a bund, and I must say, I was not at all disappointed with the result. Most of the mod processes are difficult to depict by words, so I plan to launch a series of tutorials and behind the scenes soon.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop