Armed for the Match: The Troubles and Trial of the Chelsea Headhunters

Armed for the Match: The Troubles and Trial of the Chelsea Headhunters

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He confirmed the racism in the Headhunters and their links to Combat 18, including one top-ranking member who had been imprisoned on one occasion for possession of material related to the Ku Klux Klan. They were finally arrested and their subsequent trial was meant to be the crowning glory of Thatcher’s campaign to vanquish hooliganism.

On 13 February 2010, members of the firm clashed with the Cardiff City Soul Crew at the FA Cup fifth-round tie at Stamford Bridge.

Steve and his old Chelsea mucker Chubby Chris Henderson sold the Dogs Bollocks Bar in Pattaya about 8 years ago.

A spokesman for the hospital said they were seeing him on a daily basis as an out-patient to change dressings. But I do have my memories, like the time saved my life up Elland Road, when I wandered off to the tea-bar at half time, ran into a mob of around 20 Leeds. The hardcore element of Chelsea’s support launched a pitch invasion but were beaten back by riot police on horses.

But with the arrival of all-seater stadiums in the early Nineties, football hooliganism was all but stamped out. Speaking on the Anything Goes with James English podcast, Jason explained that he and a mate went on an away trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers. They were the Chelsea Headhunters — dishing out their savage brand of football violence on rival fans at grounds across the country in the Seventies and Eighties. he was part of the dogs bollocks bar in pattaya thailand,but i was out there in march of 2001,so its going back a bit now .

Knew Micky well in his latter days,used to stay at my house quite a bit,once save his life on a trip to magaluf. As he’s gone to the toilet, I’m holding this flag and a mob of Wolves fans turned out and asked: ‘What’s on that flag? I've only lived here 3 years and have never heard of problems with any of these guys, Alot of guy's here have a past and they are not all from the UK.MacIntyre received death threats from the group following these events, [23] and in 2009 two Chelsea fans attacked MacIntyre and his wife in revenge for the documentary and investigation. I can see a newbie stopping in there bar on Soi Yamato looking for directions, lucky to get out alive. He was seen kicking and punching a man lying on the ground and given 14 months and banned from football grounds for six years. The tribal nature of football will always make some involved in hooliganism susceptible to the overtures of the far right. By all accounts McLeod has been celebrating his life in Pattaya by greeting arriving friends from the UK with dinners of haggis and turnips and a "half and a half" (whisky with a beer chaser or vice-versa)- traditional Scottish fare.

Hooliganism was also on show when the BBC broadcast a documentary about the notorious Chelsea Headhunters football hooligans. Through Marriner, he was to meet some of the most violent hooligans around: Andy Frain, nickmaned Nightmare, who boasted while on the way up to Scotland of cutting up an off-duty policeman; the twins, David and Ian Sim, who were later to be sent to prison for attacking Spurs fans; Stuart Glass, who was filmed on camera snorting cocaine off a pub table; and Tony Covele, one of the country’s best known hooligans.In fact, Jason explained, despite their frequent clashes, fans from different clubs often became friends, saying: “Football violence is a culture.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop