AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative

AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I didn't want to wait until I was stuck, and I could already feel that the car had very little traction -it was only still moving at the point because it was level.

Each of these items is offered with the full guarantee as if it had been purchased new, unless we state otherwise. AutoSock have been tested and approved to the new European standard EN16662-1:2020 for "supplementary grip devices" - this includes not only metal snow chains but also devices made from other materials. There are many cheap fakes on the market that haven’t been safety tested like AutoSock and do not perform to the same high standards as the genuine article. Works well on even rwd vehicles; we could move on snowy country lanes when most others were struggling. Although developed in Norway, they're particularly appropriate for the UK, where we experience sudden and sporadic snow fall, usually short lasting, but so often the cause of massive disruption and inconvenience while it lasts.

Please note that AutoSock will wear out with use, and that worn out AutoSock is not a guarantee issue! At first attempt I managed to gently drive out of the car park and remove snow sox as soon as I reached the road.

These “hairs” penetrate the slippery water film and connect the tires directly to the surface (snow). You don’t need them, but it obviously makes sense to fit AutoSock to the steering wheels as well as to the driving wheels, because the car will then travel in the direction you intend! Autosocks are dead easy to fit (less than 1/2 the time of chains) once on the car they are smooth, quiet and effective, its even possible (with care) to traverse the odd section of cleared road with minimal damage to the socks. We work with some of the best couriers in the business, and overall they provide an outstanding service. Snow tyres for my vehicle are expensive, and it is annoying that you pay all that money to only use them a few days a year (most years in the UK).We would recommend shaking the dirt from your AutoSock after use and leaving them to dry before you pack them away.

For example, some claim to have German TÜV testing agency approvals, but in fact their TÜV certificate attaches to something else entirely, not to their snow sock copy; only AutoSock has been tested by TÜV against the TÜV standard for snow socks in force at that time.The only niggle being that once on treated roads you need to remove them otherwise you will severely reduce their useful life. Much to the surprise of the locals, who witnessed a sports car travelling on roads that were stumping 4x4's!

They are more effective (short term only) than winter tyres (and a lot cheaper) and are also more effective than snow chains in many situations, especially on ice. The level of traction they provide is outstanding and providing you follow the guidelines about where and how to use will last for a couple more years yet.

The most difficult vehicles to fit are – no surprise – rear wheel drive cars with limited clearance. AutoSock is the first snowsock product worldwide to have been tested and approved to the European standard EN16662-1:2020 for "supplementary grip devices" - this includes not only metal snow chains but also devices made from other materials. An injunction for breach of patent against the Trendy distributor in Norway by the Court of Telemark. first time I used them was to get up a hill id had problems getting up with a light dusting of snow, this time the snow was a couple of inches of snow and I made it up no problems, even seen a ford focus and a fiesta not be able to make it up, both gave me wierd looks as I slipped my snow socks on at the bottom of the hill, would have loved to see the look on their face when I drove up without a problem.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop