Kingston C-HUBC1-SR-EN Nucleum USB C Hub, Type-C Adapter Connect USB 3.0, HDMI, SD/MicroSD , White

£20.995
FREE Shipping

Kingston C-HUBC1-SR-EN Nucleum USB C Hub, Type-C Adapter Connect USB 3.0, HDMI, SD/MicroSD , White

RRP: £41.99
Price: £20.995
£20.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When using the power delivery USB-C port with your USB-C cable and power adapter for charging purposes, the hub is able to deliver up to 60W of power. That is sufficient for charging the 12-inch MacBook (29W) or the 13-inch MacBook Pro (61W) but it falls a bit short of the full capacity of the 15-inch MacBook Pro (87W).

As a side note, the Nucleum does not need to be plugged in to a power source other than the host computer for it to function. Using the passthrough charging feature is optional.

Bundled documentation is rather sparse with this product. It just consists of diagrams featured on the rear of the box containing the Nucleum device. Fortunately the omission of a User Guide should not be a handicap for even novice users. At least this product did not require me to make use of a magnifying glass due to the use of a small type face. Plain and simple, there are two ways in which you can connect USB-C hubs to your machine – via a wire or directly inserting it. These both offer advantages such as extending the reach of the hub if it’s wired, or having a more compact feel of a direct connection. But, there are disadvantages too, with a wired hub more prone to failure thanks to the cable, and the direct connection being limited in its flexibility. If you opt for a powered USB hub, your data transfer speed will be significantly increased, but to really maximise the efficiency, you need to look at the transfer speed. If you only occasionally transfer files, this won't be much of an issue, but if transferring is a big part of your work, this could be worth noting.

Custom made and designed products such as flash memory products with custom logo’s on them. E,g USB flash drives and memory cards with your own logo Kingston is rightly proud of the full-size HDMI port built into the Nucleum, but note it supports HDMI 1.4 not HDMI 2. That means it can output to 4K screens, but only at 24Hz. It’s also limited to 8-bit colour, not 10-bit or 12-bit. As mentioned earlier, Nucleum works with PC and Mac computers that feature a Type-C USB port. Support is provided for Windows 7 and later, Mac OSX 10.9 and later, Linux 2,6 and Chrome OS.But then it started to act weird. My iPad would connect and disconnect from the hub while sleeping. The iPad screen would wake up, and the icon that shows USB-C connections would appear. Worse, the iPad would reboot itself while connected. Whilst your gritting you teeth at the cost, bear in mind it should easily last for the life of your laptop. Plus it’s so light that you can sling it permanently into your bag. All things considered, it’s a deserving winner of The Big Tech Question’s new Buy Now award.

You can use all of the hub's ports at once if so desired, and when testing multiple accessories plugged in at once, I ran into no problems. The HDMI port supports a 4K monitor (or a 1080p monitor), while passthrough charging functionality means your attached iPhones will charge up while plugged into the hub. Kingston says the Nucleum offers 5V/1.5A, which is best suited to iPhones and similar accessories. iPads will charge, but slowly.In theory, any USB-C hub will work with the iPad Pro. But in practice, some hubs are more equal than others. My first attempt — the Vava 8-in-1 — didn’t even work. It would pass power, but it wouldn’t let me hook up a regular USB audio interface to its USB-A ports. I returned it. Maybe? The trouble is that so many laptops focus on slimness and modernity at the expense of connections. For instance, the excellent Dell XPS 13 includes two Thunderbolt and one USB-C port, but no old-style Type-A USB ports.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop