Citizen Men's Analogue Automatic Watch with a Rubber Band Promaster Marine

Citizen Men's Analogue Automatic Watch with a Rubber Band Promaster Marine

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Let there be light! Lume is often referred to because of its functional properties. But there is something magical about it. Not too long ago, I was researching the best Heuer/TAG Heuer watches from the 1980s. During that quest, I was reminded of the brilliance of the brand’s full lume dial diving watches from the 1980s. On top of that, our Fratello master of lume Lex wears his Chronoswiss Timemaster with a full lume dial regularly. It triggered me to find out more about the brilliance of lume dials and put the spotlight on some of the best lume watches. Fiat lux! All that said, take note that the Citizen NY0040 refers to various watches under the Promaster diver collection. As aforementioned, Citizen NY0040 met with many changes over the years. It also inspired various iterations that also became increasingly popular in the community. You may find those watches with the same reference, appended by an identifying set of letters and numbers. Is Citizen NY0040 better than Seiko SKX007?

Owner Review: Citizen Promaster Diver NY0040-41e Owner Review: Citizen Promaster Diver NY0040-41e

At first, the idea was to select the best full lume dial watches from the past and the present. But during the research for this article, the scope kept getting wider as the magic of lume is not restricted to full lume dials. While there certainly is a list to be made with the best full lume dials, it would put some amazing watches that play brilliantly with the theme of light by using lume out of scope. So in that light (pun intended), let’s take a look at some of the best lume watches.A strange feature of the Miyota 8200 movement is the fact that the crown sits at this odd 8:00 position, something I’ve already mentioned I’m a fan of. Water Resistance Rating The bad: Not too much at this price point. The strap is quite tough, and apparently takes a while to break in. The LHD crown is not built for using on this fat boys wrist. It’s a small screw down crown and it’s very hard to wind or correct something ‘on wrist’. Not a big complaint though.

NY0040 history info needed - is it vintage Citizen NY0040 history info needed - is it vintage

Overall, the dial of this watch is clean and well-balanced. It’s basically how a basic dive watch should look and it doesn’t have unnecessary functions or information on it. I have both Citizen Promaster Ny0040 with bracelet and Seiko skx007 and I have to say that Citizen feels more bulky, more solid with a bit of luxury feeling than the Seiko. Seiko feels sportier, it has nice feel too, but Citizen is far better in every aspect such keeping good time (mine goes -3 sec a day than Seiko that goes -10) and it is more durable to hits. The casing of the Citizen NY0040 has this brilliant rugged design which gives the watch this robust style and feeling.st-rider wrote:Further proof (as if it was needed) you shouldn't believe everything from the interwebnet thingy

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop