This Is Home: The Art of Simple Living

This Is Home: The Art of Simple Living

RRP: £32.00
Price: £16
£16 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Chris Warnes is a regular contributor to leading Australian interior publications, photographing homes and interior spaces. He works in partnership with Natalie providing bespoke interiors content for magazines and other clients through their editorial content agency, Warnes & Walton. This Is Homeis about simple living – how to focus on our values to create authentic homes full of meaning and joy. Moving from Trinidad to Canada wasn't her idea. But after being hospitalized for depression, her mother sees it as the only option. Now, living with an estranged aunt she barely remembers and dealing with her "troubles" in a foreign country, she feels more lost than ever. ideal si voleu explicar de manera senzilla com afecta la depressió al dia a dia d'algú, sobretot a gent jove.

Home Home by Lisa Allen-Agostini | Goodreads Home Home by Lisa Allen-Agostini | Goodreads

How to think creatively, not expensively, when it comes to making changes at home. Going beyond the usual suspects can help you to create a home that's distinctively yours. The feel of a home: Create interiors that make you feel, and have an emotional connection. How to introduce decorative elements that make for authentic interiors.My real life is in a place where nobody wants me around, nobody understands me, and nobody really cares if I live or die?” I asked, the light of challenge sparking in my dark eyes. How to work out a budget for your time and money using your values as a guide. Where you can spend and save when it comes to creating lasting interiors. Everything in Canada is cold and confusing. No one says hello, no one walks anywhere, and bus trips are never-ending and loud. She just wants to be home home, in Trinidad, where her only friend is going to school and Sunday church service like she used to do. Kayla forms the cutest crush of the son of her aunt's ex-boyfriend. They soon bond over their untraditional lives and are able to give each other a safe environment to share their truths.

This Is Home - By Natalie Walton (hardcover) : Target This Is Home - By Natalie Walton (hardcover) : Target

Un punt que no m'ha agradat és la relació mare-filla i com fins a cert punt s'excusa el maltracte físic i psicològic de la mare vers la prota. Hagués preferit que s'aprofundis més en això i que no es quedés tan a l'aire. Precisament l'intent de suïcidi de la noia és culpa de la seva mare... Una cosa és que es mostrin les dificultats d'una mare soltera i adolescent criant a una nena que no volia tenir, això explica el seu comportament, però no el justifica. How to create balance within a room while reflecting your decorating style--successful spaces are all about addition and subtraction, positive and negative.

A simply beautiful book, amazing photography, styling and writing. The style was at once intimate and authentic, I felt like I was having a peek not only into the homes but into the lives of the the people who live in those homes. The philosophy of living simply and directed by one's values resonated with me and will resonate with many. Natalie Walton steps inside sixteen homes across the world to meet the people who made them, and discover whether there is some universality to what makes us happy in the spaces we inhabit. Home Home by Lisa Allen-Agostini is an excellent book about a girl from Trinidad who learns to deal with her mental illness. Featuring 16 case studies from Australia, the US, and Europe, and nearly 200 color photographs, This is Home will inspire you with beautiful, authentic places you want to be--today. Fans of Monday's Not Coming and Girl in Pieces will love this award-winning novel about a girl on the verge of losing herself and the unlikely journey to recovery after she is removed from anything and everyone she knows to be home.

This is Home: The Art of Simple Living - Goodreads This is Home: The Art of Simple Living - Goodreads

The sexuality of the couple is of no relevance to Kayla; they are stable and very supportive. Without reason, she is guilt-riddled about burdening the childless ladies especially because they were not obligated to accept such a huge responsibility. Kayla's mother had always been ignorant and in denial about her condition hence sending her away. As a result, their mother-daughter relationship continued to be strained and dispassionate. Key ideas to consider when creating your place in relation to its environment--from the surrounding landscape to local community. Home Home by Lisa Allen-Agostini is the 2017 third place winner of the Burt Award for Caribbean Young Adult Literature. Temptation is always in our way though. New products. Old products marketed in new ways. Trends. Theories. The cult of people and places. We need to wade through all of this to stay true to ourselves. However, when we have a clear idea of what we value, trends fall into insignificance. When we see how others have decorated their home, we can appreciate it but we don't feel an urge to replicate it. When we are surrounded by limitless choice and a constant stream of ideas, our values create a roadmap that is uniquely our own."Surrounding spaces: Key ideas to consider when creating your place in relation to its environment - from the surrounding landscape to local community. My favorite parts of the novel are Kayla's periodic journal entries. In this therapeutic exercise, she reveals more personal information, which makes it easier to connect with her and understand her actions and motivations. The relationship between Kayla and her aunts runs a close second. How our homes can function as a place to rest our bodies, rejoice in our relationships, and restore our values. Starting over: let go of the past and create a home for the person you are today, with a focus on decision-making and the art of editing. Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of HOME HOME by Lisa Allen-Agostini in exchange for my honest review.***

This Is Home by Natalie Walton | Waterstones

in the burgeoning creative community of Australia's Byron Bay. Take an insider’s tour of eighteen homes belonging to Lisa Allen-Agostini does a great job getting inside Kayla’s head and showing the difficulty of mental illness in a young teen with few coping skills. I could understand why young Kayla felt so unloved by her mother and out of place on an island of people who didn’t have open, nonjudgmental dialogue about mental illness. I wish Allen-Agostini had shown positive aspects of the country and people to give readers a more balanced view of Trinidad. Home Home is the story of a depressed Trinidadian teenager, Kayla, who is sent to live with her Aunt in Canada. Whilst there, Kayla must come to terms with her mental health, her new family and indeed her new home. I received it for review from the publisher and was grateful for the offer: I want to find these sorts of books and see them participating within the world, and Home Home more than holds its own. It's worthy of attention on a thousand different levels. When we focus on the values we want in our home, making decisions about how it will look is far easier. He’s gives a great outline she expands on regarding how to make a home:This book was well written, thoughtfully put together, and had lovely relaxing pictures. I did not agree with every single piece of philosophy, however, there was much to learn from it and I truly enjoyed it. I could definitely see myself revisiting this book. The book is kinda tough to read in terms of mental health. The narrator attempt suicide, has several nervous breakdowns, and has an overall negative life view. It’s pretty hard to enter into the sadness and sit with it in the way that the author asks the audience to do in the novel. It is also heartbreaking to read about a girl so young struggling with so much. At the centre of it all is Kayla. I loved that she was allowed to be ordinary. Even as others limited prejudices around mental illness impacted her, she too had her own misconceptions to unlearn about others. I loved that Allen-Agostini took her to a place where, faced with the possibility of returning to a more unsupportive environment in Trinidad, it would be harder for her but she would still be okay. I loved this book!!! This story was so adorable and should be read by every person who has ever migrated.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop