Cinnamon

Cinnamon

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It seems that it doesn't matter which mythological theme Gaiman picks up - he always succeeds in submerging the reader in a craftfully spun world full of wonder. This story brings us on a journey to a land far, far away to meet Cinnamon, a beautiful, blind and isolated princess who does not speak. Yet, it’s quite humdrum, some weird misogyny thrown in, and nothing spectacular in the end about the story.

The tiger introduces her to pain and fear but it is only when he introduces love that the princess speaks.After a series of unsuccessful attempts by people engaged by her parents to help Cinnamon talk, a scary yet majestic tiger appears to try his hand in the matter. I cannot remember when I found the link to this short story by Neil Gaiman (so the date set is not true). Read more about the condition Very Good: A book that has been read and does not look new, but is in excellent condition. Although the "exotic" story he wrote resembles an indigenous folktale in style, I don't see any notes that give any sources, nor any reason for him to be writing in this culture.

They go on to consider the emotions of characters including Cinnamon herself (in the form of diaries) and also of their parents when creating adverts.This is a story written by Neil Gaiman some 20 or so years ago, inspired by a sculpture of a girl riding a tiger. He posted the story/link somewhen last year and I was delighted upon seeing the great illustration you see here as the cover (that is also the reason why I marked this edition as the one I've read although that's not true either since this is an audiobook apparently and I read the text itself).

Her mother's aunt--whose only crime appears to be getting old and disappointed by life--makes a snarky comment and is eaten by the tiger. I was giddy for a while, ever since it was announced on Twitter that Divya Sprinivasan would illustrate it, and turned out to be even prettier than I had dared hope. Now home bakers can recreate the delights of Cinnamon Square in their own kitchens and learn the art of precision baking with this exquisite collection of recipes. Neil Gaiman's work has been widely adapted for film and TV, including films of Coraline and Stardust, and adaptations of American Gods, Good Omens (written with Terry Pratchett) and How to Talk to Girls at Parties are in the works for 2017.

This stunning picture book will transport readers to another time and place and will delight parents and children alike. When he leaves for adventure, he finds three talking animals that are actually gods - and they need his help. fear and love and without much real effort gets her to talk, though her aunt is skeptical the plan worked. The text for this was originally released in 1995, according to the copyright, but I understand this is the first time it’s been released in print. Here's what I learned, apart from how tigers enter and leave a stage: students need context and purpose to understand the magic of literature and the spoken word.

A beautiful picture-book fairytale from the global bestselling author of Coraline and The Graveyard Book'The lush strangeness of the tale and the beauty of its illustrations remain richly memorable. By signing up to this newsletter, I consent to receiving information and offers relating to restaurants in The Cinnamon Collection.

I just read this (with my son listening in for as long as his attention span permitted--which was quite short in the view of an adult, hehe) and while the story itself wasn't impressive, Srinivasan's illustrations captivated me.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop