Japanese for Busy People: Kana [With CD (Audio)]: 1

Japanese for Busy People: Kana [With CD (Audio)]: 1

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Japanese for Busy People I is available in two formats: romanized and kana. The Romanized Version uses romanized Japanese throughout, with kana in the Opening Dialogues of each lesson. This is a clear and straightforward textbook for elementary Japanese. It is ideal for self-study and it, along with "Japanese for Everyone," are highly recommended for people going that route. Coming out of this book, I was no where near being conversational, but I did have a decent grasp of survival Japanese. In many ways this series has the learner off to a slower start than other books. This was frustrating for me at first, but now I think it is better as I have had more time to internalize the information. This edition is quite good for vocabulary (though much of it is business-based) but light on grammar. This is partially due to it's emphasis on conversation and to the fact that Book 2 is far more grammatically centered. Practical situations are given emphasis throughout the book. (My favorite being how to ask for forgiveness if you get drunk and spill wine on someone's carpet). Asking questions, some adjectives, negative statements, -mas and -te verb forms are introduced. JFBP 1 is excellent for practicing the kana (hiragana and katakana), but no kanji is introduced until book 2. There are many exercises that are centered on teaching sentence pattern structure. They are nearly all information gap, which can be boring, but they really do help familiarize the learner with Japanese sentence structure. The CD is clear, at a good speed and has the Target Dialogue, Short Dialogue, and Word Power sections on it. I did not use the workbook at this level, but highly recommend the workbook for Level 2. Used alone, this book would be adequate for a short stay in Japan since basics like "Where is the train station?" are covered. However, continuing on to books 2 and 3 would be required for serious study.

Japanese for Busy People 1 - Booktopia Japanese for Busy People 1 - Booktopia

The new Japanese for Busy People: Revised 4th Edition is made up of three volumes: Book I, Book II, and Book III. Book I is available in both romanized and kana versions, similar to the Revised 3rd Edition. The Kanshudo Component Builder can recognize any of the 416 components listed in the chart below the drawing area. Tips: Students acquire practical conversation skills with step-by-step lessons on Key Sentences, Word Power, Speaking Practice(s), and Target Dialogue.

Success!

This workbooks provide practices for using the vocabulary and grammar in the textbooks, including conversation Exercises, Speaking Practices, and Target Dialogues, which are accompanies by a large number of illustrations. This workbook provides practice problems on the grammar and vocabulary covered in each unit of the textbook. There are also practice problems for listening comprehension and reading comprehension. The Kana Version is exactly the same as the Romanized Version except for the scripts used throughout the book: hiragana and katakana.

Japanese for Busy People I by AJALT: 9781568363844 Japanese for Busy People I by AJALT: 9781568363844

Delivery with Standard Australia Post usually happens within 2-10 business days from time of dispatch. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery and due to various reasons, the delivery may take longer than the original estimated timeframe. As suggested in the title, this is a concise course for busy students who want to learn natural, spoken Japanese as efficiently as possible in a limited amount of time.

When will my book be dispatched from your warehouse?

The Japanese for Busy People series requires about 300 hours of classroom instruction. At each level, enough vocabulary and grammar has been provided to enable the learner to easily communicate in uncomplicated adult Japanese. This edition presents a new method of studying kanji. Each lesson offers 10 topic-specific kanji to add to the vocabulary. This first of three volumes introduces "survival Japanese"—the absolute minimum amount of Japanese needed to live in Japan. Thus, the vocabulary and grammatical items it introduces are limited to about a third of what is typically introduced in a first-year course. In addition, the book features notes on Japanese culture intended to expand the learner’s understanding of Japan, its customs and people. Ability to select appropriate words and phrases for different situations and speech levels, such as having a meeting about holding a party, greetings for job transfers and leaving,

Japanese for Busy People Book 1: Kana - Penguin Random House

Practice problems designed to show how to apply various sentence structures for more effective communication The Kana Version—exposing students to hiragana and katakana from the very beginning—uses only kana. The content of the two books is otherwise exactly the same. Improves oral fluency, and enables nonnative students to speak Japanese at normal conversational speedThe only negative thing I can say about this particular book is that I would have liked the introduction of Kanji to start with this book instead of with the second book in the series.

Japanese For Busy People Mini Review: Not That Great Japanese For Busy People Mini Review: Not That Great

By default the Component Builder shows the most common Joyo kanji components (ie, components which are themselves Joyo kanji, or which are used in at least 3 other Joyo kanji). Select an alternative set of components below. Most common Joyo kanji components

However, on the other hand, this book is incredibly cheap and of FAR superior quality than almost any of the other book in its price range. Our mission is to foster a universal passion for reading by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire. Each section includes lists of theme-specific words and expressions, accompanied by illustrations, to help expand the student's vocabulary.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop